BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Principal Developer
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
BNY Mellon is investing in its E-FX offering and is hiring development resources to build out its capabilities globally. This role is for a Head of eFX Application Development. This will involve oversight and direction over the strategic investment projects to industrialise the eFX offering by automating as much of the business as possible. In scope is the development of a range of execution services for BNY Mellon’s large, existing client base. Amongst the projects the candidate can expect to work on include:
• Client Algo order offering
• OMS implementation for electronic and voice client orders
• Liquidity aggregation and execution tools.
• FX forward pricing
• Best Execution reporting
• Business analytics and metrics services
• Oversee the development of key components of the EFX target state architecture.
• Partner with the business, production services and application development teams to execute Markets technology’s target state vision.
• Be a trusted partner with the EMEA business lines in developing and delivering the business technology strategy and solutions.
• Leverage vendor products were applicable.
• Own the formal definition, documentation, and communication of project requirements scope and objectives.
• Managing deliverables across multiple system owners to deliver critical changes to existing systems.
• Document business requirements and process and, where appropriate, carry out testing to ensure requirements are met.
• Manage and resolve risks, issues and dependencies.
• Ensures project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies, standards and Third Party Governance rules.
• Management of international distributed teams.
• We are looking are a combination of the following technical skills:
o Java (server-side)
o UNIX/Linux scripting
o REST APIs
o Reuters RET
o Smart Trade
• Proven client and business facing experience as this is a trader facing role
• Prior, in-depth, experience in analysing and presenting solutions for large-scale production systems
• Excellent knowledge of electronic trading systems for FX products
• Experience with OMS, Aggregation & Execution or Market Making technology
• Co-lo infrastructure management
• Financial Services product knowledge (especially FX)
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills, be flexible, enthusiastic
• Experience of working with/managing globally distributed development teams/system owners
• Good understanding of the software development lifecycle (specifically Agile and Waterfall).
• Experience working with external vendors
• Comfortable with system testing against requirements.
• Experience with brokers and platforms such as, FX Connect, EBS, Reuters Dealing, FXAll, Bloomberg and 360T.
• Understanding/Experience of working on FX SDP’s
• Appreciation of operational risk
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in a technical discipline.
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• Training and experience with the broad set of businesses/asset classes that are in Markets
• Opportunity to shape the BNY Mellon Markets procedures
• Involvement in a Markets business with ambitious growth plans
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60220
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1715644