BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Compliance Advisory Manager- VP
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses and include the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethical standards. In EMEA, Compliance is split into four pillars; Advisory, Monitoring, Financial Crime and Regulatory Change. Advisory provide the second line of defence on compliance issues for all of the lines of business in EMEA, assisting the business with regulatory requirements, best practices and regulatory relationships.
Based in London, the purpose of the role is primarily to support the BNY Mellon Investment Services Businesses operating out of Legal Entities in the UK (and, where appropriate, elsewhere in Europe, Middle East and Africa) to remain compliant with applicable regulation and corporate compliance policies. The role holder will support the day-to-day running and management of compliance activities as they relate to Investment Services in the UK/EMEA, including Asset Servicing (Custody, Fund Administration and Trustee and Depositary Services), Broker Dealer Services, Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Wealth Management and Treasury Services. This is a new role to help develop and build on the current infrastructure. We are looking to create a strong advisory team focused on providing, in collaboration with others, support, advice, recommendations and reassurance to Boards, Senior Management and the Business Lines that regulatory requirements are being met. The incumbent will be a key member of the team with the future potential to manage others.
- Understand and apply all relevant regulations and policies (including client asset protection; outsourcing and fiduciary and payments rules and regulations)
- Proactively provide accurate and timely technical advice and guidance to the Investments Services Businesses in relation to regulatory compliance issues including in the context of proposed new or expanded business activities and locations
- Identify and analyse emerging Compliance risks and trends. Provide feedback and recommendations to other Compliance and Business colleagues on how to mitigate these risks
- Represent Compliance in connection with business driven projects. Provide constructive challenge to help ensure that BNY Mellon’s regulatory obligations are taken into account
- Where required act as liaison between the Business and the Firm’s Regulators, in particular the FCA and PRA. Ensure that internal colleagues are appropriately prepared for discussions with the Regulators
- Represent BNY Mellon at relevant industry events/forums as required and provide timely feedback to internal Business and Control Function colleagues
- Participate in internal business line related /legal entity governance meetings as required. Ensure that any Compliance reports required for those meetings are provided in a timely manner and are focused and relevant to the particular meeting. Provide constructive Compliance challenge at such meetings
- Promote Compliance awareness and participate in/ lead the delivery of Compliance related training.
- Deputise for the Head of Advisory Compliance where required
- Where required participate in periodic Compliance Monitoring (testing) reviews. This is likely to involve sharing information with Compliance Monitoring colleagues in relation to the business lines and/or regulatory themes they are planning to review
- Work with Regulatory Change colleagues to advise on impact and implementation of any new regulatory requirements relevant to the Investment Services Businesses
- Assist the Businesses in tracking to completion of corrective action plans arising from external regulatory exam/internal audit findings
- Degree or equivalent level qualification
- Industry compliance qualifications/legal qualifications
- Experience working in Compliance at a major investment servicing firm would be of benefit
Technical Competence & Experience:
- Relevant technical knowledge of UK/EMEA prudential and conduct regulatory framework (e.g. CRD IV, MIFID II, PSD II, CSDR, COBS, CASS, SYSC, COLL, SMCR, Conduct Risk Agenda)
- At least 6 years’ relevant compliance (or risk/legal) experience
- Relevant investments services/wholesale banking experience would be a distinct advantage
- Excellent knowledge of the local regulatory environment, ongoing regulatory initiatives which impact the business lines. Previous experience with a Regulator would be an advantage.
- Excellent understanding of the investment services industry
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Focused attitude to work with the ability to meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Excellent interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to provide leadership within the immediate team and wider Compliance group
- An ability to provide effective and constructive challenge
- Key Competencies and skills:
- Strong analytical skills, detail focussed; ability to identify patterns or connections between situations that are not obviously related and to determine key underlying issues in complex scenarios
- Problem solving: ability to build a logical approach to resolve problems or manage the situation at hand by drawing on own knowledge and experience and calling on other references and resources as necessary.
- Ability to influence at all levels of the Firm
- Proven capability of working in a matrix environment and reporting structure
- Ability to think pragmatically and proactively suggest solutions
- Team player and flexible in a fast paced environment. Strong relationship management skills
- Articulate and able to represent UK/EMEA Compliance to senior business personnel and external stakeholders with confidence
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 50342
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1715670