BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technology Risk Lead Specialist with Tableau – Metrics and Analytics Team
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
The role forms part of the Technology Risk Management (TRM) organisation at BNY Mellon. TRM is divided into functional teams globally.
The department’s remit includes:
- Technology Assurance & Advisory
- Technology Project Risk Oversight and Mergers and Acquisition / Due Diligence
- Vendor Technology Risk
- Technology Governance and Control
- Metrics & Analytics
- Privacy & Data Protection
This role forms part of the Metrics & Analytics team.
As the Technology Risk Lead Specialist your role will be to support and assist the team to create the TRM Dashboard, which supports the business through Key Risk Indicators and Key Performance Indicators.
The role will require cultivating a relationship with our data providers and stakeholders to provide critical analysis of the data to identify trends or spikes which will need to be communicated to the audience. Stakeholders will provide a ‘path to green’ or improvement plan which will be used for subsequent discussions. Thereafter will be the need to hold stakeholders accountable to their deliverables and challenge them where they are not meeting previously agreed targets. In addition, there will be a responsibility for developing the automation of the TRM Dashboard through VBA / Excel Macros and the front end of the Dashboard which is delivered via Tableau.
Responsibilities: (Key parts to the job role)
- Work with data providers and technology partners to determine the Cause, Impact and Remediation of any Red or Amber KPIs and to produce a synopsis of changes to data on a monthly basis
- Provide critical analysis of current processes with a view to creating efficiencies and incremental improvements
- Develop and build new KRIs/KPIs utilising VBA (back end) and Tableau (front end)
- On a monthly basis receive updates from data providers and produce the TRM Dashboard
- Support other major initiatives that relate to technology and/or information risk and technology regulatory compliance
This is a great opportunity for an experienced professional to further their career within technology risk. Foremost, the successful candidate must have the essential skills described below, but that will prove to be a small, albeit important part of the role. You will be given the opportunity to develop your technology risk management skills, and only candidates who wish to grasp this opportunity should apply.
- Experience working within the technology department of, preferably, a Financial Services company
- Experience of VBA - MS Excel/Access, VBA scripting/Macros, to include an in-depth usage and understanding of:
- Filters (Auto Filter and Formula Criteria)
- Sort (Incl. Custom Sort)
- Database Queries and Pivot Tables
- Data Types, Data Structures (variables, Constants, Arrays, Collections, Dictionaries
- Control Structures (IF, Case…Select, For…Next. Do….Loop, Do…..While)
- Error Handling
- Basic I/O - MsgBox/InputBox
- Automating Common Tasks
- Technology Risk experience and/or previous experience creating and working with KRIs and KPIs
- Tableau Intermediate or Advanced skills, to include an understanding of the following:
- Calculated fields (e.g. conditionally formatting cell background colour)
- Creating parameters (e.g. dynamic titles, hide and show different graphs in the dashboard)
- Tableau actions (e.g. filter pop outs)
- Graphs with double axis (e.g. trending graphs)
- Tableau data analysis
- Tableau data blending
- Drill down of data between dashboards
- SQL Programming (Queries, Views, Tables, Stored Procedures, Triggers, Data Import/Export)
Experience and Attributes
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Natural curiosity with a willingness to respectfully challenge stakeholders
- Self-motivated with a pro-active attitude
- Results driven
- Possesses sound business judgment
- Affinity for processes and IT infrastructures
- Educated to degree level
- At least one information risk and/or security qualification (e.g. CISSP, CRISC, CISM)
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 32946
Organization: Information Risk Management-HR06032
Requisition Number: 1715690