BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Intermediate Representative, Client Processing, German-speaking
The role will align to the German Paying Agency Desk, but also supports all Luxembourg CSD – Corporate Trust Services. The German Desk primary role is the settlement and support of issuers who settle debt securities in the German Domestic Market. As mentioned in addition the role will support other agency roles serviced by the team of 6 in Luxembourg which includes Luxembourg Paying Agency, Milan Account Bank, and Common Depository (UK) stock processing and safekeeping.
Due to the multiple markets served, by a small resource group, all team members are required to be cross trained with strong awareness of each business, whilst maintaining multiple systems access for each region (to reduce key man dependencies. The role is also expected to be involved in various projects and to support on-going process efficiencies.
Core Responsibilities German Agency Desk:
Deliver high quality service to customers, both internally and externally, in supporting German Domestic Settlement Transactions and other various client requirements.
- Timely completion of daily review of German CASCADE account (German Clearing Account held with Clearstream Frankfurt) ensuring that all transactions in the teams calendar are booked appropriately and that there are no “unknown” items appearing. This includes servicing any other assignments delivered by the German Team Lead in an accurate fashion and within agreed deadlines.
- Be able to process the full range of servicing required for German Settlement, from receipt of instruction, establishing ISIN and other base security information, communicating with settlement counter party and ensuring settlement with German Clearer.
- Ensure strong relationship with servicing partners, BNY Mellon Frankfurt, Clearstream Frankfurt and German Debt Issuer (including settlement team)
- Prepare weekly / monthly reporting including, update to calendar of events, and statistical information for MIS.
- Communicate to the Team Lead any issues that may affect the completion of duties within the agreed deadlines as soon as they arise, to ensure prompt resolution.
Other Agency supporting tasks:
- Take responsibility for self-development in order to continually improve your performance on the team. This can be achieved by participating in cross training on various tasks to enhance productivity of the CSD CT Luxembourg.
- Ensure maintenance of systems access to ensure ability to process transactions over various systems at any time. Complete appropriate training, systems, and skills matrix documentation
- Support and follow strict procedure in receipt of physical securities, issuance of Global Notes, Safekeeping, and provide as required securities reconciliation support.
- Provide payments support to Milan Account Bank role, including ensuring documentation and formatting of payment data for reporting to the Italian regulator, is maintained.
- Maintain strong relationship with BNY Mellon Poole service delivery team who support multiple Luxembourg CT servicing roles.
BNY Mellon General Items:
- Own individual Development Plan focusing on improvements in Competencies and skill sets.
- Identify areas where improvements can be made on the team and identify any training that is required to achieve this. Communicate the requirements to the Manager.
- Be familiar with and adhere to all corporate policies and procedures including the HR Manual and the Clear Desk policy. Ensure completion of all Web Based regulatory training within agreed timeframe.
- Be aware of and support BNY Mellon Play to win strategy along with its vision, mission and values.
- Procedural knowledge, and strong concern for Quality/Accuracy and Attention to Detail.
- Is proactive in relation to delivery of services and takes responsibility for actions.
- Proficiency in using Excel, Word, Outlook and other relevant office systems.
- Oral and written communication skills in German and English. Knowledge of French for Agency Supporting roles a plus.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong customer service focus and delivery
- Problem solving.
- Strong collaborative skills while displaying self-motivation. Demonstrates ability to work independently as well as being good team player.
- Adapts to changes in business requirements to improve operational servicing and process efficiencies
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg--
Internal Jobcode: 70610
Organization: Issuer & Loan Services CSD-HR11024
Requisition Number: 1715708