BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Alcentra, Vice President - Product Management
Alcentra is a leading, global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt markets with assets under management of approximately $35 billion. Alcentra employs over 140 people, including more than 60 investment professionals. Alcentra has an investment track record commencing in 2002 in traditional and alternative investment strategies that include US and European senior loans, high yield bonds, special situations/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, structured credit, and multi-strategy credit. Our investors include leading global pension funds, insurance companies, government institutions, sovereign wealth funds, banks, and high net worth individuals. Alcentra is majority owned by BNY Mellon Corporation and is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, and Boston and local presence in Singapore and Hong Kong.
Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information.Position Summary:
The Product Management (Assistant) Vice President will play a key role supporting Alcentra’s growth and evolution by working closely with the Product Management, Sales, Investor Relations, Portfolio Management/Research, and Operations teams. You will be a key resource for Alcentra’s investment strategies and products, with focus on Senior Loan, High Yield Bonds, to drive critical aspects of marketing / fund-raising, performance and attribution reporting, and investor relations across a range of globally offered co-mingled funds, private equity funds, hedge funds, UCIT funds, and customized separate accounts.
The position reports to the Global Co-Heads of Product Management.Responsibilities:
- Serve as a knowledge resource with respect to Alcentra’s Senior Loan and High Yield Bond investment strategies, markets, products, and competitors;
- Build and maintain client marketing materials e.g. presentations, due diligence questionnaires, and tailored proposals;
- Oversee the production and distribution of monthly and quarterly performance reporting (e.g. attribution reports) and communications for funds and separately managed accounts;
- Develop fund performance analytics, asset class analysis, and competitive product analysis/positioning;
- Preparation and delivery of investor Request for Proposals (RFPs);
- Update qualitative and quantitative fund and firm information held in investment consultant databases and datarooms;
- Participate in the development of new products and strategies;
- Partner with Investor Relations to develop timely, robust, and properly positioned responses to investors including ongoing due diligence questionnaires, account reviews, and periodic performance updates.
- Bachelor's degree in finance or finance-related field, or alternative qualifiers and/or CFA or CAIA preferred;
- Significant appreciation of the Asset Management field; experience in sub-investment grade credit strategies, senior loans and high yield bonds a significant plus in addition to experience with a range of fund structures e.g. commingled, UCIT, hedge fund, UCIT, listed, separate account, closed end;
- High degree of proficiency in MS Excel and PowerPoint required; fluency with portfolio risk/return concepts and experience with Zephyr/eVestment or similar applications a plus;
- Excellent written and oral interpersonal skills;
- Experience interacting with institutional investors;
- Strong interpersonal abilities and attention to detail;
- Ability to lead and mentor junior team members as a player-coach preferred;
- Flexible, teammate able to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines in a collaborative, inspiring environment.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51661
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1715718
Tags: EMEA:EFC: 2-I