BNY Mellon Careers
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
This primary responsibility of this role is to analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor and ensure to automate software systems.
Key responsibilities include:
- Write infrastructure related scripts to automate manual tasks plus streamline operational activities.
- Conduct complex technical evaluation, design review and recommend proposed physical and logical designs.
- Perform remedial services (HW break fix) on Cisco Data Center products, including software and configuration backup and restore, check safety and environmental requirement, recognize connection type and cable requirement, and perform basic physical layer troubleshooting.
- Completing server system builds, patching, application installations, and license management.
- Build and maintain company infrastructure documentation (network diagrams, etc.)
- Network maintenance including DNS, DHCP, VLAN configurations, etc.
- Network configuration and security: TCP/IP, switches, routers, firewalls, VLAN’s.
Architect, Infrastructure->> Assists in designing the organization's technology architecture and implementing hardware and software infrastructure. Assists in implementing the organization's technology architecture vision. Monitors the organization's technology architecture to analyze potential needs or improvements. Identifies, implements and monitors best practices for technology architecture by attending industry conferences and reviewing industry analyst publications. Maintains relationships with the company's primary technology vendors. Monitors installations and upgrades to ensure they are completed according to established policies, procedures, and software license agreements. Oversees the development, use, and adherence of best practice documentation and training. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related infrastructure architecture experience is required.
- Competency in the following areas; basic Cisco NX-OS configuration, Cisco Data Center products and hardware components with an emphasis on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS).
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Strong scripting abilities.
- Experience with information security practices and procedures.
- Experience being an administrator on a variety of Windows distributions.
- Experience in supporting PURE storage as well as EMC, IBM XIV and NetApp.
- Experience with PERL, Ansible and Puppet.
- CCNA Data Center preferred.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45008
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1715727