BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Group Manager, Infrastructure Engineering
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
This primary responsibilities of this role is to provide technical support, engage with the Application Development teams in order to build the solutions that best fit their needs of availability and stability as well as advise customers and internal teams of technology standards, methodologies and processes as they relate to infrastructure and application architecture.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Analyze problems, evaluate technical issues, test, maintain, modify, integrate, monitor and ensure to automate software systems.
- Write infrastructure related scripts to automate manual tasks plus streamline operational activities.
- Conduct complex technical evaluation, design review and recommend proposed physical and logical designs.
- Perform remedial services (HW break fix) on Cisco Data Center products, including software and configuration backup and restore, check safety and environmental requirement, recognize connection type and cable requirement, and perform basic physical layer troubleshooting.
- Completing server system builds, patching, application installations, and license management.
- Build and maintain company infrastructure documentation (network diagrams, etc.)
- Network maintenance including DNS, DHCP, VLAN configurations, etc.
- Network configuration and security: TCP/IP, switches, routers, firewalls, VLAN’s.
Group Manager, Infrastructure Engineering->> Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for designing and developing solutions to application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Directs systems management and integration functions. Participates in or leads initiatives to analyze complex infrastructure problems to be solved with advanced design. Tailors standard procedures and policies when selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Directs the processes for ensuring that all systems/applications/software/hardware are compliant with Corporate policy/procedures. Works closely with external vendors on finding solutions to infrastructure problems. Provides input into the selection of vendors to assist with systems administration or application issues. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Strategizes on how to take these needs into account when developing infrastructure. Oversees the development and monitoring of project plans and budgets. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or multiple infrastructure engineering teams. Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten or more (10+) years of related infrastructure architecture experience is required.
- Five or more (5+) years managing Senior Technical SA’s.
- Experience working as a liaison between technology and the business with excellent communication skills to translate business requirements into technical solutions.
- Experience managing large scale infrastructure projects in excess of 5,000 or more servers.
- Competency in the following areas: basic Cisco NX-OS configuration, Cisco Data Center products and hardware components with an emphasis on the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS).
- Strong working knowledge of VMware or other virtual software.
- Strong scripting abilities.
- Experience with information security practices and procedures.
- Experience being an administrator on a variety of Windows distributions.
- Experience in supporting PURE storage as well as EMC, IBM XIV and NetApp.
- Experience with PERL, Ansible and Puppet.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45306
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1715733