BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Technical Group Manager, Application Support – Vendor Mgmt
Technical Group Manager, Application Support – Vendor Mgmt
Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for application support activities. Participates in defining the methodology of the department and plans management and software releases. Develops business plans and implements long range projects. Evaluates current application support methods and strategies, and oversees implementation of changes and improvements. Responsible for execution of overall business plan in assigned areas. Implements and leads Application Support strategic projects consistent with long-range IT plans. Establishes and ensures compliance with policies and procedures for activities within the group. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages one or more application support teams.
· Responsible for vendor support of their services and software (SAAS, ASP, in-house) used by asset servicing globally.
· Manage day to day activities that require interaction/support from vendors and coordinate efforts across multiple bank technology and operations groups
· Support a collaborative approach with our business and other technology partners in managing technology vendor relationships including change, incident and problem management,
· Institutionalize problem management and root cause analysis best practices across vendors
· Coordinate and lead RCA sessions related to Priority 1 problems and as requested, Priority 2 problems
· Present root cause trends and individual investigation results to senior management as required
· Identify trends and patterns within the root cause findings and corrective actions to initiate proactive problem investigations and reduce stability issues
· Ensure all tasks have an auditable outcome that provides evidence of completion
· Provide ongoing oversight of all changes into vendor environments, risk assessment and tracking of changes over their lifecycle.
· Implement and Monitor/Manage more stringent SLAs requiring focus/time to align vendors to firm processes/standards which will include: Change risk management and risk classification, root cause analysis - improve quality of RCAs, more thorough analysis/monitoring of the health of their environment.
· Responsible for vendor compliance regarding firm information and cyber security policies, such as security exception tracking and approvals
· Coordinate with other technology and business groups (such as Application Managers/production support teams) for its interaction with vendor based bank instantiated systems.
· Coordinate production support incident response with vendor technology and support/operations services teams.
· Build strong network with other technology groups and business partners
· Manages a small to medium sized group, multiple small teams, responsible to meet new and growing demands with a focus on vendor stability/resiliency to meet Bank standards
· Act as mentor and coach to junior problem management staff
· Provide training as needed to IT staff
· Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
· Establishes and ensures compliance with bank policies and procedures for activities within the group.
· Extensive experienced in vendor governance including SAAS, ASP models (Banking IT preferred):
· Team leadership in IT environments and the capability to interact successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
· High level of customer awareness and commercial focus
· Ability to obtain results through influence
Advanced degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
· 10+ years of experience in information technology required, with a focus on vendor governance at least 2 years of experience managing and directing systems development or systems maintenance project teams, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· 10+ experience with project management, senior management level communication
· Experience with high volume, large scale distributed architecture and solutions, active-active architecture,
· Experience any of with these tools/technologies: C++, C#, Java Windows, Oracle EXADATA, PL/SQL and DBMS, load balancers, server virtualization
o Experience with and knowledge of change, incident or problem processes and tracking tools (such as Remedy
· S/he must be an experienced decision maker who possesses strong analytical skills and decision making skills and provides appropriate counsel. Job holder must be able to think logically and quickly grasp new information.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45300
Job: Asset Servicing
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1715808