BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer - Cloud Infrastructure
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
This is a highly visible Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer position responsible for delivering engineering solutions primarily on windows platform. Includes delivering standards and procedures on windows operating systems and applications, designing automation solutions using agile technologies and provide solutions to cyber security related efforts.
Key responsibilities include:
- Hands-on technical lead and solve complex cloud Infrastructure and DevOps challenges.
- Understand current environment and design/develop new technical solutions.
- Understand system security risks in the environment, work with Information security and develop solutions.
- Deliver new standards and procedures on future technology implementations.
Specialist Systems Engineer/Programmer->> Designs and develops solutions to complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Ensures that all systems, applications, software, and hardware are compliant with corporate policy/procedures. Identifies issues and may lead the development of solutions. Works closely with external vendors to provide infrastructure needs. Works closely with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Strategizes on how to take these needs into account when developing infrastructure. Develops detailed project plans. Monitors project progress and provides regular status reports to management team. Evaluates the organization's existing infrastructure technology and researches and analyzes trends. Recommends and implements upgrades that enhance its reliability and efficiency. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of related experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience working with deployment and orchestration technologies (such as Docker, Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible, Jenkins).
- Experience working with Chocolately package manager.
- Experience working with Converged/hyper converged technologies such as Cisco UCS, HPE synergy.
- Familiarity with standard IT security practices such as encryption, certificates and key management.
- Experience with Active Directory services.
- Experience with Hypervisor technologies such as VMware vSphere and Microsoft Hyper-V.
- Experience with Windows technologies Windows Server 2012, Windows Server 2016
- Experience with Docker/ Windows containers is a plus.
- Experience with Cloud technologies Microsoft Azure stack, Amazon AWS is a plus.
- Experience in cybersecurity is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45145
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1715832