BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Administrative Assistant, Legal Department
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing daily administrative legal support to the Head of the legal department in Brussels and her team as well as to the Company Secretary. Responsibilities include corporate housekeeping in Brussels.
· Administrative Support to the Brussels Legal Team
- Processing and filing of invoices
- booking and monitoring travel arrangements and expenses
- preparing presentations and reports (PowerPoint, Excel)
- organising department’s filing and archiving
- Scheduling meetings as required, arranging rooms, video conference facilities etc.
- Organising of Record Management
- Organising courier packages
- Stationary management
- Meeting and greeting visitors
- Screening/directing and taking telephone calls/messages
- Scanning of documentation to hold on computer system
- Cooperating with other admins in Legal department
· Corporate Secretariat
- Assist the Company Secretary in organising Board, Executive Committee and other Committee meetings
- Organising supportive documentation for Board and Committees meetings and uploading it on Board portal
- Maintaining portal for Board and Committees documentation
- Sending agenda and invitations to Board and Committees meetings and providing appropriate follow-up
- Preparing and maintaining the timetable of corporate secretariat filings
- Managing the housekeeping and coordinating with the local teams in the foreign branches.
- Complete company’s filing and publication formalities;
- updating and maintaining Authorised Signatory Lists
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
· An administrative management degree
· At least 5 years of experience of administrative work in international firm (in a legal department, a law firm or a corporate secretariat is a plus)
· Good command of English and French. Dutch is a plus
· Excellent office management skills & good IT skills
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
· Organizing ability
· Quality of work and an eye for details and precision
· Well-developed interpersonal skills, with the ability to engage with senior management
· Good presentation and excellent communication skills
· Team worker
· Proactive and able to take initiatives
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As part one of the safest and most trusted financial institutions, the BNY Mellon Legal department mitigates risk and handles legal affairs to ensure the security of the company and its clients. BNY Mellon's Legal Department, has overall responsibility for government affairs and advises on advocacy and policy initiatives of the company to support BNY Mellon's domestic and international operations, and they also support all bank regulatory and supervisory issues.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 50136
Organization: Legal Affairs-HR06241
Requisition Number: 1715901