BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Group Manager, Metrics & Analytics
Responsible for leading effort in centralizing a performance metrics function including defining and contributing to strategies and tool sets. This candidate will lead a team of analyst who will work with capability owners, governing core business processes, and providing expertise in the methodology utilized to ensure continual improvements. This candidate will liaison across senior management and key stakeholders both inside and outside the Technology Services Group (TSG). Candidate will lead the next generation of performance measurement for infrastructure technology for BNY Mellon.
Manages multiple teams across business segments responsible for the production and reporting of strategic measurements that demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the TSG organization.Primary Responsibilities
· Drives strategies on tool sets
· Liaison and integration with automation and monitoring teams
· Work with process teams to tie metrics to processes
· Drive strategy of cataloging, architecting and defining the design of the metrics ownership, and golden source data pools to ensure metrics are relevant, targeted and accurate for transparent consumption cross all levels of the organization
· Drive the communication strategy of TSG metrics across the TSG Organization and stakeholders
· Drive the training strategy of the metrics team for the democratization of data across the core metrics team and all parties involved in producing, reviewing, and consuming metrics
· Aligns teams with appropriate business and functional counterparts and ensure they have a strong understanding of business and functional strategies, objectives, and tactics to develop a comprehensive measurement plan
· Understands business and operational strategies and identify critical metrics required to support those strategies. Establishes business unit strategies to support larger initiatives. Develops corresponding visions and values
· Increase the focus on analytics with greater insight while emphasizing the development of subject matter expertise within analyst teams based on functional alignment
· Identifies areas of opportunity and improvement within processes and tools based on reporting results and tool environments. Works across functional lines to strive for and ensure consistent data quality
· Connects the dots across technology services and capabilities to identify opportunities to merge disparate metrics into a comprehensive metrics program for greater impact on service improvement
· Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team
· Must manage multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize assignments and tasks accordingly, remaining flexible to changing priorities and new initiatives
· Contributes to the achievement of the overall organization objectives
Sr.Group Manager, Metrics and Analytics->> Manages multiple teams across business segments responsible for the production and reporting of strategic measurements that demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the CTS organization. Aligns teams with appropriate business and functional counterparts and ensures they have a strong understanding of business and functional strategies, objectives, and tactics to develop a comprehensive measurement plan. Understands business and operational strategies and identifies critical metrics required to support those strategies. Puts in place business unit strategies to support larger initiatives. Develops corresponding vision and values. Increases focus on insight and analytics and emphasizes development of subject matter expertise within analyst teams based on functional alignment. Identifies areas of opportunity and improvement within processes and tools based on reporting results and tool environment. Works across functional lines to strive for and ensure consistent data quality. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple metrics and analytics teams. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
Advanced degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required. 12+ years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Organization skills.
· Experience in leading multiple teams and guide overall organization in approved strategies
· Preferred experience with BI/Database/ETL/Visualization tools: Splunk, R, Qlik, Trifacta, KNIME, Informatica, Business Objects, SAS, Cognos, Oracle Warehouse Builder, SAS Data Management, Informatica Powercenter, SQL Server Integration Services, Hadoop, SQL, JSON, XML, noSQL, text mining, Tableau, Tableau Prep, Alteryx
· Knowledge in the understanding of enterprise database tools and data ecosystems
· Preferred experience with Data Science, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Statistics, data architecture, machine learning, systems engineering critical thinking, math, risk analysis
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45320
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1715985