BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Metrics Analyst
Responsible for collaborating with team of analysts leading efforts to centralize a
performance metrics function including defining and contributing to strategies and tool sets. This candidate will be a senior member of a team of analyst who will work with capability owners, governing core business processes, and providing expertise in the methodology utilized to ensure continual improvements. This candidate will partner across multiple disciplines both inside and outside the Technology Services Group (TSG). Candidate will assist in delivering the next generation of performance measurement for infrastructure technology for BNY Mellon.
Defines, develops, maintains and delivers complex strategic measurements that demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the TSG organization.Primary Responsibilities
· Understands business and operational strategies and identify critical metrics required to support those strategies. Establishes business unit strategies to support larger initiatives.
· Assists in driving strategies on tool sets; design, create, and distribution of reports and dashboards that are effective and align with the communications strategy
· Partner with process teams to tie metrics to processes, automations, monitoring teams, and established functional business counterparts
· Identifies areas of opportunity and improvement within processes and tools based on reporting results and tool environments. Works across functional lines to strive for and ensure consistent data quality
· Connects the dots across technology services and capabilities to identify opportunities to merge disparate metrics into a comprehensive metrics program for greater impact on service improvement
· Assists in the strategizing of cataloging, architecting and defining the design of the metrics ownership, and golden source data pools to ensure metrics are relevant, targeted and accurate for transparent consumption cross all levels of the organization
· Works with internal teams to access relevant data and influence future features and design that will help meet the reporting objectives organization
· Develops consultative partnerships with internal teams to understand their strategic objectives, key performance indicators and reporting requirements
· Extracts business insights to guide direction of learning activities and drive organizational efficiencies, effectiveness and outcomes
· Maintains knowledge of company's total computing environment and planned changes in order to develop meaningful measurements
· Monitors industry and marketplace technology practices and benchmarks related to CTS. Stays abreast of technology innovations and trends. Recommends areas for improvement
· Collaborates with and supports leaders and their teams from an area of expertise to ensure strategies and measurements are aligned and support business and operating results
· Contributes to the achievement of the overall organization objectives
· Must manage multiple simultaneous projects and prioritize assignments and tasks accordingly, remaining flexible to changing priorities and new initiatives
Sr. Specialist Metrics Analyst->> Defines, develops, maintains and delivers complex strategic measurements that demonstrate the value and effectiveness of the CTS organization. Works with internal teams to access relevant data and influence future features and design that will help meet the reporting objectives organization. Develops consultative partnerships with internal teams to understand their strategic objectives, key performance indicators and reporting requirements. Extracts business insights to guide direction of learning activities and drive organizational efficiencies, effectiveness and outcomes. Maintains knowledge of company's total computing environment and planned changes in order to develop meaningful measurements. Monitors industry and marketplace technology practices and benchmarks related to CTS. Stays abreast of technology innovations and trends. Recommends areas for improvement. Collaborates with and supports leaders and their teams from an area of expertise to ensure strategies and measurements are aligned and support business and operating results. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of related experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
· Organization skills.
· Experience in leading multiple teams and guide overall organization in approved strategies
· Preferred experience with BI/Database/ETL/Visualization tools: Splunk, R, Qlik, Trifacta, KNIME, Informatica, Business Objects, SAS, Cognos, Oracle Warehouse Builder, SAS Data Management, Informatica Powercenter, SQL Server Integration Services, Hadoop, SQL, JSON, XML, noSQL, text mining, Tableau, Tableau Prep, Alteryx
· Knowledge in the understanding of enterprise database tools and data ecosystems
Preferred experience with Data Science, Data Visualization, Business Intelligence, Business Analytics, Statistics, data architecture, machine learning, systems engineering critical thinking, math, risk analysis
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45160
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1716032