BNY Mellon Careers
Senior Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Mainframe / CICS
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments. This next generation infrastructure needs to be tied to building several internal SaaS offerings such as Fax as a service, reporting as a service, file transfer as service etc. The infrastructure team is building self-service and low-touch infrastructure utilities that enable building the internal SaaS offerings.
Goal: To support and maintain the z/OS CICS mainframe Software and CICS Ancillary products.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- The candidate will be responsible for supporting the CICS Software and related software and subsystems.
- He / she will also be responsible for supporting third party vendor software utilities and packages.
- CICS Production Support team for problem and incident management, disaster recovery, sustained resiliency, LOB testing events, and capacity planning requirements as needed.
- Day to Day support for problem determination and resolution of system software related to incident and problem tickets raised by customer or other technical teams.
- Coordinate CICS related activities with other technical teams like Storage, Security, MVSetc to satisfy the requirement of business.
- Support for highly available, Sysplexed CICS environments on zSeries including CPSM.
- Installation, maintenance, and administration of CICS software. Manage deployments of maintenance releases and emergency maintenance.
- Provide support on 24 x 7 x 365 basis and in multiple time zones.
Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> In the CICS team, we support various mainframe products from different vendors. Our team serves our client operations teams, application support teams, and developers by providing CICS Infrastructure Support. The team provides services such as installation, migration and maintenance of CICS and related tools and software. We provide on call support and perform proof of concepts to on board new technologies. The candidate should have strong problem solving skills, debugging, and technical knowledge in the CICS family of products.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related infrastructure experience.
- CICS system programmer minimum of four (4) years of experience.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Ability to support SYSPLEX/CICSPLEX environment.
- Cobol and Assembler experience is a plus.
- Assembler experience is a plus.
- Application programming experience is a plus.
- Proficiency with all aspects of the z/OS operating system including SMPE, TSO, VSAM file management , RLS and JCL and other IBM and 3rd-party vendor mainframe software
- Security Products ACF2, RACF, and Top Secret.
- Strong written and oral communication skills and will often be a direct liaison with other IS development and infrastructure teams.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45170
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1716078