BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist Developer - Enterprise Content Management - APS
The ECM team is looking for a highly skilled Product Manager, to work closely with our engineers to lead products from start to launch. You’ll bridge the technical and business worlds as you design content services that help make many of the world’s financial markets possible. You have a bias toward action, and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development and delivery. As a Product Manager, you will also help drive the internal cultural shift to agile development and product delivery.
• Contribute to the long term vision and strategy of the ECM Service
• Understands business needs and future trends and develops strategic product/service roadmap offerings for the service
• Oversee development and support of ECM solutions that integrate across applications, systems and platforms
• Build and maintain strong relationships with clients / users
• Develops and manage budgets and financial forecasts
• Maintain relationships with external vendors, and negotiate vendor contracts
• Assist with the performance, development, and coaching of staff
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Qualifications• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and skills.
• 8+ years hands-on experience designing, implementing, and maintaining enterprise-level document and content management systems (e.g. Opentext Documentum, IBM Filenet, Alfresco, Crafter, Kofax, ABBYY Flexicapture, etc.). • Strong passion for technology and ability to learn and adapt quickly to complex environments.
• Experience interacting with and supporting end users.
• Ability to translate business requirements into well-designed technical solutions.
• Ability to work well within a team oriented environment.
• Strong analytic, problem solving, and decision-making skills.
• Master's degree in Computer Science or equivalent knowledge and skills.
• A belief in communicating openly, listening to others' ideas, and collaborating to arrive at great solutions.
• A mindset of continuous learning – from other people, from the web, from user groups.
• Enterprise-level systems design, implementation, and data migration experience
• Software development experience in a common enterprise language (Java, C++, C#).
• Highly proficient in data modeling
• Familiarity with cloud infrastructure and thorough understanding of virtualization technologies.
• Exhibits knowledge/expertise with multiple development methodologies (Agile, Waterfall, etc.) and full SDLC in a large enterprise wide environment
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1716199