BNY Mellon Careers
Intermediate Representative, Hedge Fund Accounting
BNY Mellon is an investment company. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments and safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets.
The Hedge Fund Accounting Department is responsible for ensuring the timely and accurate preparation of daily net asset values (NAVs) for a number of complex funds investing in a wide variety of instrument types including equities, fixed and variable bonds, derivatives and emerging markets.
- Ensure NAV’s are issued to all relevant parties in accordance with reporting requirements
- Ensure all cash and holdings reconciliations are completed in accordance with agreed timetables and procedures
- Liaise with custodians to resolve any reconciliation issues
- Prepare fee schedules on a timely basis
- Liaise with investment managers to ensure efficient flow of information as required
- Liaise with clients on operational issues
- Complete statutory returns
This is a talent pipeline posting.
- BA or MA degree
- Fluent in English (speaking & writing)
- Some knowledge of general accounting principles, regulatory standards and compliance requirements
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office). Knowledge of VBA would be a significant advantage.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Analytical and numeracy skills
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good problem solving and decision making
- Flexible with regards to working in a changing environment and the ability to adjust to new work structures, processes, and requirements as necessary.
- Communication skills.
- Organisational and planning skills.
- Full time contract of employment
- Working Hours: Monday-Friday 9:00 – 17:15
- Location: Aquarius Building ul.Swobodna 3
- Competitive salary
- A clear career path within Graduate Accelerator Programme GAP as well as potential promotion to Senior Representative role after 18th months of employment
- Health & Life Insurance
- Multisport card / Cinema Tickets / Nursery subsidiary
- Pension scheme
- Excellent opportunities for training, growth and professional development
- Opportunities to engage in diverse projects due to growth of business migrations
- A multitude of opportunities to get involved in additional charity projects
- A collaborative culture and great teams
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Human Resources
Organization: Human Resources-HR06022
Requisition Number: 1716248