BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Analyst,Fund/Client Accounting
The AIS Fund Accounting Oversight team is responsible for the administrative oversight, regulatory control and release of approx. 400 NAV's on a monthly basis. These are made up of Alternative Investment Funds with varying deadlines and strategies varying from Private Equity, Real Estate, Fund of Hedge Fund, Loan/Credit Funds and Single Manager Hedge Funds using a wide variety of different security types. The team works closely with Clients and BNY Mellon departments around the globe. The successful candidate is required to be a subject matter expert for Private Equity Funds including Real Estate, Infrastructure and Loan/Credit Funds.
Fund Accounting Services:
- Ensure that the net asset value oversight review is performed for each fund on a timely basis in accordance with BNY Mellon standard and client specific procedures and timetables, with a zero error tolerance.
- Responsible for the production, review, audit and filing of semi-annual and annual financial statements, both for Luxembourg domiciled fund entities and Luxembourg corporate holding companies/ special purpose vehicles .
- Ensure that the net asset values are accurately communicated to relevant parties according to client specific agreed procedures.
- Ensure that Luxembourg regulatory reporting is performed within deadlines.
- Supervise the timely payment of fund and BNY Mellon invoices.
- Ensure the necessary controls are in place and adhered to in order to provide complete, accurate and timely fund administration services to our clients..
- Maintain and update client standing files, including client-specific procedures, on a timely basis and ensure existing and new procedures agreed with our clients are formally communicated to staff as soon as required.
- Partake in the review and development of Procedures Manuals and operating frameworks.
- Partake in the review of prospective client documentation and assistance in the review of prospect profile documents and the appropriate customisation of operating procedures.
- Assist with pre-launch phase of new client fund vehicles.
- Accurate and timely provision of non-daily services to all clients including month-end reporting, compliance review and expense payments.
- Ensure the team is providing and receiving complete and accurate data and information from all internal parties.
- Communicate any significant operational issues that arise to the Department Manager.
- Serve as a fund accounting contact point for Clients and BNY Mellon departments.
Human resource management:
- Assist with team work scheduling and staff management, including appropriate distribution of work/responsibilities to staff with sufficient experience/capability.
- Assist with staff development.
Monitoring of quality control:
- Assist in monitoring service quality within the section.
- Ensure adherence to procedures as outlined in the Procedures Manual and the client-specific procedures on the client standing file/SLA.
- Review any client-specific procedures which deviate from those in the Procedures Manual to ensure appropriateness and documentation of specific procedure as an addendum in the manual.
- Assist in managing, from an operations perspective, the successful completion of in-conversions and fund launches, particularly those of Private Equity and Real Estate Funds.
Minimum educational requirements:
- Degree in accounting, business or other qualification relevant to the investment fund industry.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in providing accounting services for Private Equity and/or Real Estate Funds
- Proactive, focused attitude towards work and an ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Organisational, inter-personal, and communication skills.
- Ability to develop and mentor junior staff.
- Control and risk minded.
- Strong MS Office skills.
- Fluency in English required, plus any other language (French/German) would be considered an advantage.
- Detailed working knowledge of Private Equity and/or Real Estate Funds, including accounting for Luxembourg domiciled Holding Companies/ Special Purpose Vehicles
- Knowledge of Luxembourg corporate reporting regulations
- Accounting requirements for a wide range of financial instruments and multi-class funds.
- Knowledge of the Luxembourg financial services industry and its applicable regulations.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Luxembourg-Luxembourg-Luxembourg
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70508
Requisition Number: 1716282