BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Analyst Ld Fin
Position Summary: Describe below the primary purpose and function of this job The Analyst is responsible for Month end close activities and preparing General Ledger Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations. The key role includes:
- 2 to 5 year experience in Month end close and reconciliations
- Qualification - B.Com/ M.Com/ MBA ( B.com with 3+years’ experience, M.Com and MBA with 2+years of experience )
- Preferable have working knowledge on ERP (PeopleSoft / Oracle and SAP) and Blackline reconciliations.
- Preparation of process documentations
- Experience in Client handling (preferably Overseas Clients)
- Better communication skills
- Basic knowledge on Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and its relevant compliance
- Basic knowledge on internal controls and audit.
- Good if he/she had already handled transitions either through remote KT (knowledge Transfer) or in person
- Basic knowledge in various system, how interface happens and data flows between two systems thus understanding the flow of transactions.
- Basic knowledge in upstream/downstream processes
- Basic awareness about some of the critical words used in the industry like Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Service level agreement (SLA), Continuous Process improvement (CPI), preparation of metrics like dashboard, error register and issue log.
- Knowledge in Accrual & Prepaid concept and Golden rules.
- Knowledge and experience in Month end close.
- Prepare/post journal entries for complex or routine business transactions including inter-company transactions.
- Expertise in Journal entries process for prepaid amortization, accruals and journal entries Intercompany transaction using with Affiliates.
- Assist with the month end close, quarter-end close and the year-end close activities.
- Perform basic research of financial data to support senior colleagues in the analysis of financial information.
- Knowledge and experience in preparing General ledger balance sheet account reconciliations like Prepaid, Accrual, BRS, Loans, Equity, VAT reconciliations.
- Knowledge and experience in Identification of R items (Required Adjustments) and ageing of reconciling & outstanding items.
- Escalate items of concerns or those past the business standard to management in accordance with the GL reconciliation policy.
- Understanding of application of some key GAPS and the companies’ policies and in case of issues timely escalate to the Team Leader.
- Ensure that all items of concerns or those past the business standards have been escalated to the management.
Job Qualifications: Indicate the minimum and preferred education and experience for this job and any licenses and certifications required Minimum Education: Graduate Preferred Education:
- Ideally CA/ICWA (Intermediate).
- A minimum of 2 to 5 year of strong accounting experience.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of month end close and General ledger reconciliations & associated accounting controls
- Strong general accounting knowledge of transaction processing & use of control accounts
- Ability to solve problems, self starter & highly motivated to deliver quality service
- Should be comfortable in multitasking (production/review/query resolution/training/giving feedback etc.)
- Experience obtained through training/exposure in an Operational accounting environment for a minimum of 2 to 5 years.
- Knowledge of the financial services sector would be beneficial but not essential.
- Ability to work and meet stringent deadlines, work under pressure and maintain focus on detail is the key to being successful in this role.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Internal Jobcode: 51197
Requisition Number: 1716499