BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Alcentra, Vice President, Continental EMEA Business Development
Alcentra (the “Firm”) is a global asset management firm specializing in sub-investment grade debt markets. The firm has an investment track record dating back to 1998, and today employs 126 people, including 61 investment professionals. Alcentra has assets under management of approximately $35 billion (as of 30th September 2017) across strategies involving senior loans, high yield bonds, stressed/distressed debt, direct lending and mezzanine capital, and structured credit. Our investors include pension funds, insurance companies, banks, and high net worth individuals. A subsidiary of BNY Mellon Asset Management, Alcentra is headquartered in London, with offices in New York, Boston, and representatives in Singapore and Hong Kong. Please visit our website at www.alcentra.com for more information.
The role represents a unique opportunity for a Business development professional / Alternative Credit product specialist to become a valued member of a top performing team in a fast-paced yet mentoring environment. This role is based in Alcentra’s London headquarters and will involve engaging with institutional investors both directly and indirectly across continental EMEA. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Effectively market Alcentra’s existing and planned product offering across continental EMEA
- Attend meetings in Europe with existing investors and new prospect Attend/Host meetings held in the Alcentra London office
- Manage day-to-day communications and requests for information from BNY Mellon local sales representatives. Lead/organize responses to investors for information, write tailored initiation and follow-up correspondence, and tailor marketing and communication materials to specific audiences.
- Tailor marketing and communications materials to specific investors segments
- Work with Product Management to prepare custom presentation materials for investors meetings, follow-up and finalist interviews. Prepare competitive analysis and background information to best present the firm’s investment capabilities.
- Host on-site due diligence meetings with prospective investors
- Maintain strong working relationships and coordination with internal investment professionals and product management support teams / IR function and the Consultant Relations team to meet the needs of investors including the review and editing of questionnaires, RFPs/RFIs, and ad hoc data information requests from existing investors
- Maintain strong working product knowledge of the firm’s marketable investment strategies, including differentiators, strategy descriptions, fee schedule, etc.
Update notes on conversations and progress with consultants in Engage/Salesforce CRM
Attend industry events and conferences throughout the year and establish an informal network of relationships with investors.
- Applicable experience in institutional asset management, preferably with some experience as both directly representing your Firm’s offering and acting as a product specialist
- Bachelor’s degree required. Progress towards a CFA highly desirable.
- Sound understanding of the institutional investment business including pension plans and insurance companies.
- Understanding of the firm’s investment strategies or an ability to learn quickly.
- A background in fixed income/alternative credit/structured products
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by communicating effectively with clients/prospects/consultants, management and peers.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize numerous projects and tight deadlines.
Highly professional, organized, accurate and detail oriented.
High level of computer literacy including very strong power point and excel skills
Ability to travel regularly.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 50531
Organization: Alcentra Group-HR13364
Requisition Number: 1716517
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 2-I