BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Manager, Securities Data Management
The SDM department is seeking to appoint a Senior Manager to oversee multiple and diversified functions carried out across a range of Fund Accounting platforms. The function also includes responsibility for delivery of accurate data for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Oversees the management and mining of databases, data feeds, etc. as well as the extraction, cleansing, preparation and hand-off to external or internal clients
- Manages day-to-day data management activities ensuring quality and accuracy of all work produced and delivered
- Oversees the implementation of new data related technology enhancements / implementations
- Ensures the quality of day-to-day services provided is in line with service level agreements in place for each client
- Facilitates the analysis of client and business needs and manages related documentation
- Guides the teams production of management reporting and analyses.. Ensures business requirements are executed as expected
- Establishes operating procedures for the unit and ensures that the procedures align with the goals and objectives for the area
- Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team
- Ensures staff compliance with the Banks standards and best practices
Work Scheduling & People Management
- Manage and lead a team of up to 50 staff, leading three managers in order to achieve following :
- Monitoring team workflow ensuring all tasks are allocated with primary and secondary cover and scheduled according to deadline priorities.
- Distributing workload and responsibilities to people with sufficient experience and capability.
- Promoting staff awareness of their individual and team responsibilities in terms of;
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Timeliness in terms of attendance and meeting deadlines
- Record keeping and file sign-off
- Work with Managers to develop staff through effective communication, delegation, motivation, mentoring, coaching and other techniques.
- Have regular One-to-One/Team meetings to update staff on relevant developments and get feedback on operational issues.
- Promote an environment of open and clear communication ensuring staff maintain a friendly and professional relationship with all internal and external parties.
- At least 10 years of experience in fund industry
- At least 5 years of experience in managerial functions
- Strong operations and/or client management experience with exposure to managing teams and complex operational processes.
- Sound technical knowledge of Market Data, Securities Administration and/or valuations functions.
- Proficiency in using Bloomberg, InvestOne, MS Excel/Word and other relevant office systems will be an asset
- Proactive and focused attitude to work and an ability to constantly meet deadlines.
- Excellent teamwork, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Dependability, flexibility and the ability to lead by example.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
- Professional approach to work and personal appearance.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Internal Jobcode: 70123
Organization: Securities Data Mgt-HR07081
Requisition Number: 1716528