BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Information Risk, Senior Specialist - GDPR Monitoring Team
The role forms part of the GDPR Monitoring organization at the Bank of New York Mellon.
To support the Head of GDPR Monitoring in the execution of their duties to ensure that all Lines of Business and Business Partners fulfil their regulatory and organizational requirements for privacy and data protection as required by the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Support the Head of GDPR Monitoring and the Global Chief Privacy Officer in the roll out and maintenance of the EU General Data Protection Regulation monitoring program. Create guidance, standards, templates and tools to facilitate monitoring for GDPR compliance.
- Provide timely consultation and direction for the handling of Data Privacy breaches and incidents to meet the notification requirements of GDPR. Establish and report on metrics for GDPR mandatory notification activities.
- Ensure that all business lines within the enterprise have implemented controls to identify business processes and/or technology changes/developments that require Data Protection Impact Assessments
- Liaise with a 3rd party to conduct annual GDPR Data Privacy risk assessments, enterprise-wide, and provide metrics and remediation tracking and reporting.
- Conduct a periodic review of relevant Data Privacy guidance, policy and standards to ensure alignment with GDPR
- Act as a key contact for client communications and meetings on issues relating to Data Privacy GDPR Program and Compliance
- Assist in the analysis of new legislation or changes to existing GDPR legislation, then disseminate guidance and procedural notices to business areas as required
- Help identify and train the Privacy Champion network with each business across the enterprise.
- Assist the business in incorporating the GDPR components in their RCSAs
- Ensure privacy notices and statements are aligned with the requirements of GDPR and distributed as required.
- Contribute to the collation and presentation of metrics to indicate the effectiveness of BNY Mellon’s GDPR program
- Participate in the annual review of Data Privacy training materials to ensure alignment with GDPR and maintain records of participation
- Provide timely, pragmatic and accurate GDPR-related Privacy guidance to business areas as and when required
- Provide a compilation and reporting process of results and issues for evidential matter and interaction with the Privacy Office (Line 2)
- Collaborate with other business units, operations and technology and liaise with legal and compliance staff in relation to Privacy/GDPR matters.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Comply with all corporate policies and procedures within the department;
- Alert management immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal controls effectiveness;
- Notify management immediately of any regulatory breach;
- Adaptability – Takes Action on new opportunities and touch challenges
- Ensures Accountability
- Manages Execution
- Effective Communication and Collaboration
- Client Focus
- Interpersonal Skills
- Judgment and Confidence
- Managing Risk and Complexity
- Organizational skills
- 5-8 years of experience in Compliance, Legal, Audit, Privacy, Data Protection, IT Risk and/or Program Management desired.
- Previous experience at a financial services firm desired.
- Experience in the Privacy Compliance and/or Data Protection field preferred; previous experience with international data protection and privacy laws and regulations, preferred
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written) with all levels of the company.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access)
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving ability and attention to detail
- Excellent decision-making skills, coordination, multi-tasking, detail orientation, and organization skills required.
Academic/Professional Qualifications: (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, legal and/or technology required
- IAPP certifications are highly desirable
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70345
Organization: SIRO & Records Mgt-HR06112
Requisition Number: 1716640