BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior/Lead Frontend Developer
Overview of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 36 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Overview of the Team:
EMEA AST provides technology services to line-of-business clients including Transfer Agency, Trust & Depository and Corporate Services. These services are provided via a range of vendor product solutions such as Charles River and Rufus through to bespoke developed MI and integration components. In addition the function is developing innovative business solutions to deliver the ‘next generation’ of financial services harnessing our NEXEN Digital Ecosystem.
Overview of Role:
BNYM are looking for a dynamic individual to join their growing EMEA Asset Serving Technology (AST) department as a Senior Front-End Developer. The successful candidate will work in a team responsible for all phases of the systems integration lifecycle, delivering solutions that add direct value to our large and diverse client base. A strong technology background is required as projects focus on integrating legacy systems with state-of-the-art modern platforms.
The candidate will work in teams of around 8 people delivering all aspects of the software implementation lifecycle from requirements through to controlled production implementation and warranty. They will work directly with business and technical leads from across EMEA locations on requirements elaboration, realisation, user testing and acceptance.
- Working in teams responsible for technology project and small change delivery for EMEA AST focusing on Trust & Depository systems and applications, incorporating new and legacy technologies
- Interfaces regularly project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications
- Designs and delivers enterprise strength technology solutions utilising front-end technologies (in particular: AngularJS and ultimately: Angular 4)
- Strong foundation skills with an in-depth knowledge across a range of best in class technologies
- Understands development and quality standards and ensures strict adherence to those standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis
- Comfortable with a range of project and software development methodologies
- Implements innovative and creative technology solutions
- Familiar with delivery in controlled environments
- Able to adapt to a large and diverse program portfolio across multiple EMEA locations
Owns and delivers application components
Skills and Experience Requirements:
Formal education in Computer Science, Engineering or related discipline (or equivalent relevant experience)
- Service orientated multi-tiered application architecture utilizing web service standards and protocols (REST, JSON)
- Experience with relational databases (e.g. SQL Server, Oracle)
- Able to adapt to delivering small changes to legacy components along-side strategic projects
- Advocate of Agile engineering principles and comfortable working with geographically dispersed teams
- Release management and version control (GIT, GitLab etc.)
- Excellent communication skills
- A level of domain knowledge in the financial services industry
- Server-side Java-technology background would be a huge asset
- Experience of test driven development, automated build tools and continuous integration (Jenkins, Nexus etc.)
- Hybrid database solution experience (NoSQL/Highly-Scalable databases)
- Object-orientated analysis and design skills and experience
- UI skills;
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Information Technology
Internal Jobcode: 60172
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1716645