BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Manager, Middle Office
Role Synopsis and Required Skills and Attributes
Management of Operations Middle Office team comprising control/reconciliation functions. The team supports both the Institutional and Wealth Client base and is multi-location across Liverpool and Chennai.
Processes under Management:
• P&L Processing – interaction with Credit Risk Management and Finance
• Credit Control
• Trading, Nominal and Facilitation Account reconciliation (Institutional Clients)
• Security, Cash and Nominal Account reconciliation (Wealth Clients)
• Funds Trail Commission reconciliation
• Oversee team performance ensuring standards and KPIs are met
• Maintain up to date departmental Standard Operating Procedures
• Represent CSD in meetings with existing and prospective Clients
• CSD Business Owner of 3rd Party products
• Maintain a good working knowledge of Pershing and its market place and general knowledge of banking processes
• Collation of management information to facilitate reviews of key performance and risk indicators, departmental budgets and planning
• Responsible for departmental Operational Risk and Control processes’ identification and escalation (including Business Continuity Planning)
• Work with External Audit, Internal Audit, Risk and Compliance
• Maintain awareness of compliance to FCA regulations
• People management and associated processes
• Lead by example; embrace Company initiatives and drive team performance
• Team management and experience of all people issues including those relating to PIPs, overtime and engagement.
• Strong Excel skills.
• Experience of dealing with complex processes, systems and designing process improvement.
• Experience of working with internal audit/compliance teams and producing Management Information packs.
• Experience of securities operations preferable but will consider candidates with similar/transferrable experience.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Merseyside-Liverpool
Internal Jobcode: 70544
Requisition Number: 1716671