BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Compliance Monitoring Manager
You will take on responsibility for delivering timely and thorough compliance monitoring reports as detailed in the annual monitoring program covering all Investment services business functions, with particular focus on the Client Asset monitoring reviews. You will support the Compliance Monitoring Manager in assessing the current/emerging risks concerning the local business to enable determination of the structure and composition of the annual monitoring programme.
This is achieved primarily through the following:
- Conducting thematic compliance monitoring reviews in line with the global methodology and ensuring evidence is retained of such.
- Liaising with the business and Senior Management in respect to ongoing monitoring and management of open compliance actions as a result of thematic monitoring.
- Providing timely and accurate Management Information where relevant to internal stakeholders
- Representing BNY Mellon at relevant industry events/ forums.
- Participation in Risk/Committee or Client Meetings and represent BNY Mellon externally as required.
In addition you should be prepared to assist as required in the following activities:
- Pro-actively represent Compliance in any business change activity and projects, ensuring that they are assessed from a regulatory perspective.
- Working with local business management to ensure compliance with general compliance matters, advise on upstream risk and act as a liaison between those areas and local regulatory authority.
- Assessment, communication and implementation of regulatory change to include responses to industry papers.
The role may require input across other BNY Mellon operations where business is outsourced. Therefore, the jobholder should be prepared to travel.
- Ensure that all compliance monitoring is completed in accordance with the annual monitoring program on time and to a high standard in line with the global compliance monitoring methodology.
- Act as a delegate for the UK Monitoring Manager in providing support and guidance to team members where required.
- Act as a Review Manager in reviewing and approving monitoring programmes.
- Ensure that all findings identified within an allocated review are accurately recorded on EV GCMS and that proactive actions are taken to ensure satisfactory resolution of issues raised.
- Proactively chase outstanding and overdue issues and reflect updates on EV GCMS in line with the requirements of the global methodology.
- Represent Compliance at internal meetings and Committees where required.
- Represent Compliance on external committees, working groups, and trade body seminars if required to do so.
- Represent Compliance at client meetings where required to provide updates in respect to monitoring.
- Training and supporting other members of the team.
Generic Staff Responsibilities:
- Comply with all BNY Mellon corporate policies and procedures, including HR policies and procedures, applicable to BNY Mellon.
- Alert management including the Chief Risk Officer and / or the EMEA Chief Risk Officer immediately of any significant changes to business risks and internal control effectiveness.
- Notify management and/or the Chief Compliance and Ethics Officer and Head of International Compliance immediately on discovery of any material regulatory breach.
- Comply with all Security and Health & Safety policies and procedures operating within the business.
- Complete all mandatory training and ensure any external training undertaken has been recorded in the training system (Saba) and obtain or maintain all qualifications that may be required in order for you to perform your role.
- Must comply with the FCA and PRA Conduct Rules.
Academic/Professional Qualifications (or equivalent qualifiers)
- Degree educated or a strong academic/professional work record with particular preference for accounting, legal, Risk/Compliance background.
- A compliance qualification would be a distinct advantage.
- Proven experience in the UK Financial Sector, preferably with a background in Client Asset compliance or assurance.
- Good PC skills (Microsoft Excel and Word essential – PowerPoint useful).
- Good report writing and presentation skills.
- Focused attitude to work with the ability to constantly meet deadlines while ensuring attention to detail, and high level of accuracy.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must be able to understand and apply outcome focused regulation and have a sound risk awareness whilst maintaining an awareness of commercial pressures on the firm.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Risk and Compliance provide risk and compliance services across all BNY Mellon businesses. Organizationally, Risk and Compliance includes the following groups: Risk Management, Compliance, Global Corporate Security, Information Risk Management and Global Business Continuity. Risk Management oversees and delivers risk services and ensures new business risks are reviewed and approved. Risk Management is organized through Chief Risk Offices for each core business and critical operation. Risk managers provide shared support to BNY Mellon for operational risk services for Global Corporate Trust, Depositary Receipts, Treasury Services and Global Operations in EMEA. Compliance helps ensure BNY Mellon's businesses maintain appropriate processes to comply with applicable laws, regulations, BNY Mellon policies and ethics. This is accomplished through business- and business partner-specific teams of professionals, under centralized global management.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Internal Jobcode: 53016
Organization: Compliance & Ethics-HR06015
Requisition Number: 1716690