BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Sr. Project Manager / Scrum Master
Senior Project Manager/Scrum Master to join Corporate Trust Technology at Bank of New York Mellon. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manage and oversee the end to end project management activities such as project reporting, project planning, issue / risk identification and tracking, scope management, estimation, client management, relationship management and other project documentation preparation for projects of high business complexity (involving multiple systems interfaces that are highly visible to the organization). Define and manage the lifecycle from project initiation through to program closure. Manage and resolve risks, issues and dependencies.
· Measure and monitor program actuals, forecasts and budgets and updates plans with accurate, up-to-date information in a timely manner. Follow financial standards & processes (e.g. monthly external revenue accruals, software capitalization, procurement & external payments). Report financial information and status to the required executive level through steering committees.
· Serve as a liaison between clients and internal technical groups to ensure delivery of projects on time, within budget, and to specification. Have regular contact among peers within the firm and externally, including regulators and professional organizations. Provide advice to internal clients on the implications of business trends, issues, operating environment changes and firm or business unit strategy. Ensure project delivery is in conformance with company methodologies and standards.
· Doing everything possible to ensure delighting customers
· Guiding the team and organization on how to use Agile/Scrum practices and values to delight customers
· Guiding the team on how to get the most out of self-organization
· Guiding the team on self-organizing to fill in the intentional gaps left in the Agile/Scrum frameworks
· Assessing the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization
· Removing impediments or guiding the team to remove impediments by finding the right personnel to remove the impediment.
· Building a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis of healing and problem solving.
· Facilitating getting the work done without coercion, assigning, or dictating the work.
· Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
· Assisting with internal and external communication, improving transparency, and radiating information
· Supporting and educating the Product Owner, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
· Ensure all work is logged in JIRA, sized appropriately with well-defined acceptance criteria. Ensure day-to-day changes are properly recorded and reflected in JIRA.
· Providing all support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible, and leading by example
· 7+ years of software development project management experience required
o Prior experience working as a software developer - Java
o Prior experience managing Java projects
o Good knowledge of basic SQL to query/analyze data.
o Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
o Excellent leadership and relationship skills
o Ability to navigate and influence in large matrix organization
o Strong analytical and problem solving skills
o Ability to multi-task with a flexible approach to changing priorities
o Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
o Excellent people management skills
o Prior experience of working in distributed global teams
o Experience providing prime time application support
· Experience playing the Scrum Master role (2-5 years) for a software development team that was diligently applying Scrum principles, practices, and theory
o Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
o Knowledge of numerous well documented patterns and techniques for filling in the intentional gaps left in the Scrum approach(example: numerous Burndown techniques, numerous Retrospective formats, handling bugs, etc)- Knowledge of other Agile approaches: XP, Kanban, Crystal, FDD, etc
o Knowledge and/or experience with widely successful Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games
o Excellent mentoring skills
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is +
· Financial services industry experience +
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45163
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1716794