BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Corporate Communications Associate
BNY Mellon Investment Management is one of the world's leading investment management organizations, and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, encompassing BNY Mellon's affiliated investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution companies.
BNY Mellon's multi-boutique model encompasses the skills of world-class, specialized investment managers who are all leaders in their respective fields. Each is solely focused on investment management, and each has its own unique investment philosophy and process.
We are an investment manager of choice for the world's governments, corporations, foundations, endowments, pension plan sponsors, advisors, intermediaries and mutual fund investors.
A tremendous opportunity exists for an associate communications professional to join BNY Mellon Investment Management at an exciting inflection point for an industry leader.
The individual would work with the Head of Global Communications and a global communications team as a team coordinator to develop and execute an integrated communications program based on best practices, shared ideas and excellent execution to promote and protect the reputation of BNY Mellon Investment Management. This would include supporting the following:
- Supports media relations team by handling inbound media enquiries, surfacing new media contacts, conducting media outreach and managing agency relationships
- Helps with media targeting and monitors BNY Mellon in the media, creates media lists and editorial calendars
- Organizes the preparation and handling of logistics around media meetings, announcement days and other events; develops media briefing packs, day-of rollouts, etc.
- Able to draft, proofread and edit press releases, internal memos, presentations and other documents created for communications; exhibits
- Conducts media research to identify opportunities
- Supports internal communications program
- Supports team organization through the tracking of workflow and deliverables
- Assist communications in handling change and issues management activities
- Willingly assumes additional responsibility and role on the team; readily provides assistance to other team members
- Works closely with team of communications professionals based in New York, London and Sydney
- Supports thought leadership activities to put an appropriate spotlight on intellectual capital from BNY Mellon Investment Management.
Skills & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have:
- A collaborative approach to working with colleagues and strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; ability to be clear and concise
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Exemplary attention to detail
- High-energy level with the ability to be both a self-starter and a team player; proactive and performance-driven in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, akin to a start-up culture
- Ability to navigate and thrive in a large, complex, global organization
- Flexibility to manage changing requirements and short timelines
- Basic knowledge of Investment Management – across regions, asset classes, competitors, regulations and distribution channels (e.g. Institutional, Intermediary, Wealth and Retirement)
- B.A. / B.S. degree
- A minimum of 2-3 years professional experience, preferably within a financial services environment, asset management firm (institutional or retail asset management) or public relations agency
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 46010
Job: Communications/Corp Affairs
Organization: Global Distribution Admin-HR11424
Requisition Number: 1716859