BNY Mellon Careers
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst - VMware and Hyper-V Infrastructure Environment
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
Environment contains several thousand Hypervisor hosts spanning both VMware and Hyper-V. This team supports existing cloud and non-cloud environments providing engineering and L3 support for the infrastructure and any availability performance or maintenance/automation tasks associated with the support of the environment.
Key responsibilities include:
- On-boarding new hosts and clusters into cloud/non-cloud management.
- Provisioning network disk and compute resources for VM workloads.
- Automation, maintenance, patching and remediation of the hypervisor infrastructure.
- L3 support for VM workload issues, including performance analysis and sizing.
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Current experience administering a medium to large VMware vsphere host infra 5x and 6x.
- Familiarity with VMware support tools required, including powercli.
- Familiarity with how hypervisor hosts consume and manage network/storage: specifically fiber channel SAN and Network infra including VLANs and trunking.
- Experience with VRealize Operations is a plus.
- Familiarity with blade server infrastructure and support tools. Experience with Cisco UCS is a plus.
- Familiarity with P2V tools and/or virtual to virtual migrations is a plus.
- Familiarity with Hyper-V running on Windows 2012R2 or later in a Failover cluster configuration.
- Familiarity with Microsoft system center (SCCM or SCORCH) is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45196
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Project Greenfield-HR16451
Requisition Number: 1716920