BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principal Architect - Information Lifecycle Management Group
This is an opportunity for an Architect to innovate, architect, develop and execute the ILM (Information Lifecycle Management) strategic solutions! As technology is evolving, ILM’s information protection, records management, archive, legal hold and e-discovery solutions need to address big data and other new technologies, new and changing regulations, as well as, new development paradigms. As the ILM Architect, you will be responsible for defining the strategic roadmap and leading the development team to success in defining and delivering the ILM solutions of the future.
ILM is a group within our TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) which is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
As part of the TSG, ILM is responsible for building and supporting services that enable the business to manage the company’s records, and data masking services to protect sensitive information. We are focused on implementing a self-service model that allows application owners and data owners to onboard to ILM services rapidly, while also planning for similar strategic services in the big data arena in the future. The next generation will be evolving and will provide great innovation and development opportunity for strategic thinking agile project managers and developers with leadership skills.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical leadership for the ILM development team (made up of onshore and offshore resources) responsible for delivering ILM technical solutions.
- Creation of architecture plan and technical roadmap for ILM services.
- Vendor products and open source technologies evaluation and strategic solution planning.
- Service deployment and support ensuring resiliency and timely technology service delivery.
Principal Architect, Infrastructure->> Designs the organization's technology architecture and implements hardware and software infrastructure. Participates in developing and monitoring the organization's technology architecture and future technology vision. Monitors the organization's technology architecture to analyze potential needs or recommend improvements. Reaches out to LOB leaders to understand the organization's technology architecture performance and future technology needs. Attends technology conferences and works with vendors to understand the feasibility of future plans. Researches infrastructure architecture needs for M&A activity and supports the creation of executive summaries. Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of infrastructure and architecture experience is required.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in system design, development, operation and support is required.
- At least five (5) years of experience leading small to medium sized technical teams working closely with business analysts, project management and upper management is required.
- Experience in data archive and most of the following technologies is a strong preference: IBM Atlas / FileNet P8 / IER / ICC / Cognos / TDS / DB2, Alfresco, ECM ECS, CA SiteMinder, LDAP, Kerberos, BNYM private cloud (VM, BXP, DbAas, etc.), Hadoop, Jira, Confluence, Java, web (web services, Java Script, Spring, etc.)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-Brooklyn
Internal Jobcode: 45016
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1716955