BNY Mellon Careers
Princ'l Arch't,Appl Dev
Principal Architect, Appl Development->> Designs technical infrastructure for applications and assists in defining application tools. Develops the applications architecture and blueprints which reflect business logic of the section or division. Defines application components, platforms, interfaces, and development tools. Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools. Provides technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams. Consults on integration and conversion activities, experiences and considerations. Acts as subject matter expert, as needed.Participates in mapping the technology-independent applications architecture to the chosen technology platform. Conducts reviews and analyses organizational needs to make recommendations regarding the development and implementation of applications. Stays abreast of the latest technology infrastructure and processes in the industry and marketplace. Makes recommendations to use innovative, creative approaches as appropriate to meet client needs. Helps resolve high-impact, moderately complex system problems affecting multiple applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps.Contributes to the achievement of multiple teams' objectives.
The Reference Data Hub (RDH) is a multi-domain MDM solution based on the Orchestra Networks EBX5 solution. We are looking for a data/technical architect who is very familiar with the support and maintenance of the EBX5 platform in the context of Financial Services and in particular for the support of Party Master Information. This candidate will be part of the Data Services Team within Data Management and Architecture (DMA) and be responsible for designing and implementing several solutions and enhancements within the platform, including our Match/Merge process. Core skills include:
- Master data and reference data concepts in the context of Financial Services
- JAVA programming and Java design patterns
- Data Architecture concepts, including Data Modeling
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong Data and Business Analysis acumen
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of progressive experience with the core skillsets.
- Principles of data governance in the context of financial services
- REST API development and Micro-services development
- Kafka streaming data development
- Enterprise Service Bus experience (TIBCO, MULE, WS02 or other)
- Data Warehousing architecture and development experience
- Vertica Experience beneficial
- Strong understanding of DLC methodologies, including Agile
- Data Governance development experience—utilization of data quality framework, metadata platform development and maintenance
- ETL Development in one of the key platforms—Informatica, Datastage, Pentaho, Ab Initio
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- Advanced degree preferred 10-12 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required
- Experience with EBX/Orchestra is strongly preferred
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45015
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Operations & Shared Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1800030