BNY Mellon Careers
Architect, Application Development
- Designs technical infrastructure for applications.
- Translates user requirements to process data needs.
- Designs application technical infrastructure such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools.
- Participates in the evaluation and implementation of vendor application software and tools.
- Provides broad understanding of platforms and applications across all technologies by consulting with the project teams and assisting the groups in their technical training needs.
- Constructs program flow charts to describe the processing of data and development of precise steps and processing logic across all platforms.
- Converts specifications about business problems into sequence of detailed programming instructions to solve business problems through automation support.
- Advocates for change to provide innovative, creating technology solutions as appropriate to meet client needs.
- Helps resolve system problems affecting primary applications or across multiple platforms using the appropriate debugging tools and techniques such as probes, animators, traces, sniffers and dumps.
- Contributes to the achievement of team objectives
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required
- 8-10 years of experience in systems architecture, analysis and applications program development required
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus
- Well versed with Finance and Banking, experience is a plus
- Visualization techniques to represent relationships and related data entities and traversal
- Mature understanding of Regulatory Initiatives (BCBS, Basel, SR-14, SR-117)
- 10+ Years of Core Java
- 7+ Years JEE
- 7+ Years Spring frameworks, Spring Boot and Spring Rest
- 5+ Years - Tomcat and WS02 ESB and AMQ/Messaging
- Matured understanding of XML, schemas, Linux and Virtual operating environments
- Hand on experience with JSON/Rest, Rest security and API Gateways
- Relational DB concepts - SQL, JDBC and Data Integration
- Hand on experience with Angular 2/4/5 Framework
- May need to provide operational support during go live, upgrades etc.
- Quick Learner
- Working in a collaborative and abstract environment.
- Work effectively in an offshore/onshore deployment setting.
- Taking lead and ownership and working as extended team member.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45007
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Architecture-HR16450
Requisition Number: 1800032