BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Cloud Product Manager (Senior Specialist, Product Manager)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective infrastructure solutions in the financial services market place.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Project Greenfield modernizes BNY Mellon’s infrastructure by delivering a Greenfield infrastructure PaaS/IaaS layer, and transforming and migrating the apps to reduce risk and improve resiliency. This project will enable us to perform large-scale rationalization and modernization activities while supporting ongoing business projects.
Building on top of private cloud technology in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the Greenfield cloud with the existing virtual computing environments combined with enterprise standards for development best practices.
The Greenfield Product Manager will be responsible for leading and providing strategic direction on development and delivery of Compute Hosting products in Greenfield from the physical hardware through virtualization and orchestration to application deployment.
Responsibility of technology stack includes management and automation of newly deployed operating systems, cloud management platform, orchestration layer, and security tools. This role will liaise with application development and other infrastructure teams to deliver integrated new technology and migrate applications into Greenfield.
Will lead monthly forums on the design and development of product standards and rollout. Is highly familiar with product competitors, technology trends, and market status. Act as a client point of contact for Compute Hosting products. Responsible for analyzing, defining, and changing the product's strategy based on usage metrics and reports. Prioritizes product requirements and further investigates product feasibility. Determines project responsibilities and scope.
Key responsibilities include:
- CEO and face of the Compute Hosting Products for Greenfield.
- Be involved in design, delivery, and onboarding to Greenfield environment for Application Development.
- Work with Engineering teams to ensure all new products are properly documented with technical specifications and user instructions for immediate consumption.
- Host information sessions to introduce Application Development to new compute hosting products in Greenfield.
- Develop monthly metrics and product analytics dashboards to show Greenfield adoption.
- Collect user feedback and feedback into engineering lifecycle.
- Work with the centralized TSG Product Management team to develop marketing and engagement strategies along with a communication plan on Greenfield Compute Hosting products.
Sr. Specialist Product Analyst->> Leads and provides direction on product development and marketing processes for multiple large products. Liaises with cross-functional teams to provide products that address client needs. Leads sessions on the design and development of product marketing strategies for multiple large products. Leads cross-functional sessions with teams such as Development and Marketing. Ensures project is on time and to budget. Is highly familiar with product competitors, consumer trends, and market status. May act as the primary point of contact for small products. Responsible for analyzing, defining, and challenging the product's business case based on team and industry reports. Prioritizes product requirements and further investigates product feasibility. Determines project responsibilities and scope. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business management, engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of related product ownership experience is required.
- Experience with technology or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with Client Relationship Management and Business Requirements Gathering.
- Grasp of IT architectural concepts as they relate to Operating Systems and Hardware.
- Experience with Compute Hosting products - Virtualization – Vmware, Bladelogic; Operating Systems – RHEL 7.4 , Windows 2016; Cloud Management – CloudBolt, BMC Cloud Lifecycle Manager; Orchestration – Ansible, Puppet.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45162
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Project Greenfield-HR16451
Requisition Number: 1800105