BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
VP - Specialist, User Experience (UX) Analyst
We are looking for a passionate, energetic and highly creative User Experience designer to create easy-to-use, intuitive and enjoyable experiences for our financial platforms used by thousands of financial professionals and end-investors. You will join a well-established user experience team and you will have the opportunity to shape the design of both web-based and mobile applications. You will have the opportunity to work on all phases of experience design using principles, methods and techniques of design thinking and service design. You will partner with our product management team and business stakeholders to conceptualize and bring to life product ideas.
The ideal candidate will be able to implement empathy research techniques to understand our users and define the problems they face, and implement this knowledge to develop creative product design solutions. Experience with the financial services industry is a definite plus.
- Conducts empathy research to understand users and user needs
- Designs user journey maps to represent current experiences
- Partners with business stakeholders and product managers to translate business and user requirements into experience design solutions
- Works as the main designer on individual projects to creates design concepts, storyboards, wireframes, detailed user interface designs, interactive prototypes and user interface specifications
- Creates the visual design or collaborates with the visual designers to produce visually appealing designs
- Works closely with development and testing teams during implementation
- Creates and maintains user experience guidelines, design standards and visual design styleguides
Participates in the planning and execution of various user research studies such as contextual inquiries, user surveys and usability tests.
- Bachelor's degree in psychology, user experience, design, human computer interaction or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred,
- 6-8 years of experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience with design thinking practices and methodologies is preferred
- Prior experience with creating user journey maps is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate creative experience concepts through product design and translate such concepts into detailed user interfaces and prototypes is preferred
- Passion for UI design and attention to design detail is preferred
- Working knowledge of Sketch, Invision, Axure, Balsamiq or related tools is preferred
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications such as Photoshop and Illustrator is preferred
- An eye for or expertise in visual design is preferred
- Understanding of web and mobile technologies is preferred
- Prior experience with adaptive design a definite is preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Pershing provides critical business process, financial and technology solutions for financial organizations around the globe. We operate behind the scenes to power transformational change for broker-dealers, registered investment advisors, independent financial advisers, hedge fund and '40 Act fund managers and individual investors. We strive to be innovators, developing open architecture technology and financial solutions to support our customers' growth. We advocate on behalf of our customers and help them respond to regulatory reform and drive positive outcomes for our industry and investors. From our core business as an industry-leading trade execution, clearing and custody provider, we have evolved into a global multifaceted firm that provides investment solutions, forward-thinking technology-driven efficiencies, practice management and service excellence.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Jersey City
Internal Jobcode: 45138
Job: Information Technology
Requisition Number: 1800311