BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
We are looking for a Senior Technical Lead who will be part of Corporate Trust Technology team at Bank of New York Mellon based in New York, NY. The successful candidate will be passionate about technology, enthusiastic and keen to succeed.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Manages a medium to large-sized or multiple small teams responsible for all phases of the systems development and implementation process.
· Provides analysis, design, development, testing and ongoing support for the application systems in an environment of diverse development platforms, computing environments, software, hardware, technology, tools, etc.
· Analyzes organizational needs for application development and interfaces with clients to ensure systems are developed that meet their business requirements.
· Oversees applications programming and analysis projects which include development, installation and maintenance of application programs.
· Leads analysis of organizational needs for development and implementation of applications.
· Interfaces regularly with clients and project managers to ensure that systems are developed to meet their business needs and specifications.
· Ensures the availability, integrity and stability of production systems by identifying appropriate resources to manage all systems and having a process in place to respond quickly to problems.
· Communicates and endorses strict adherence to development and quality standards and monitors adherence on an on-going basis.
· Communicates timely and accurate project-related information to relevant parties.
· Acts as an advocate for change management, encourages innovation and creativity in technology solutions.
· Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team.
· Manages one or more development teams.
· Contributes to the achievement of team objectives.
· Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Must have hands on development experience
- 10+ years experience w/ Java
- 5+ years experience w/ Spring Framework
- 5+ years experience w/ Data Modelling, Data Analysis, and Data Performance
- 3+ years experience w/ RESTful Web Services (Spring Boot preferred)
- Experience with cloud/container services (Docker preferred)
- Experience w/ JPA, JDBC, Oracle, and ORM (Hibernate)
- Experience w/ AngularJS 1 and 2+, HTML5, CSS, Bootstrap
- AngularJS testing framework (Karma. Protractor, Cypress)
- Experience working in an Agile environment and Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Experience with Git
- Experience with BPM product (preferred Activiti)
- Experience with Rules/Decision Model and Notation (DMN)
Nice to haves: Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Bower, Grunt, Node.js, Git
- Broad skillset covering programming, database, scripting, system performance, distributed architecture
- Experience working with development of complex, large-scale systems required - financial project experience preferred.
- Experience working with an offshore team, strong work ethics
- Strong communication skills, interpersonal skills, excellent team player
- Superb ownership mindset - a habit of excellence
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45172
Job: Corporate Trust
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1800313