BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Infrastructure Operations Analyst - Deployment and Configuration Management
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The mission of the Deployment and Configuration Management group is to provide a stable, enabling, and consistent experience across end-user computing technologies that result in seamless and transparent management while balancing end-user experience and risk management to maximize user functionality while protecting corporate computing assets and data.
The Deployment and Configuration team responsibilities include deploying Microsoft and 3rd party patches and updates for vendor and internally created applications, providing dashboards and metrics; deploying applications as per user requests; ensuring machines are on standard versions of products; providing reports for installed software, software metering and license reclamation. In addition, this team is responsible for maintaining and supporting the SCCM infrastructure and creating tools and scripts to automate tasks performed by other technology groups.
Key responsibilities include:
- SCCM Client and Infrastructure Support and Maintenance
- Development of Automation Scripts
- Development of Interfaces for Support Technicians
- Vulnerability and Patch Management
- Application Standardization
- Application Deployment
- SQL and SCCM Reporting
Lead Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates and supports various mainframe, mid-frame, distributed, web, and PC operating systems and ancillary products. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests. Formulates plans to meet system performance objectives. Analyzes, implements, maintains, and documents system software installed in all environments.
Performs software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Four to six (4-6) years of related infrastructure, experience is required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Strong understanding of Information Technology.
- Advanced knowledge of Desktop OS, including Windows 7, 8.1 and 10.
- Proficiency in PowerShell and VB Scripting.
- Understanding of SQL and ability to write well-formed queries.
- Experience of software and patching distribution on a large scale.
- Advanced experience and knowledge of SCCM including the client and configuration manager console.
- Understanding and exposure to a well formed change management process.
- Awareness of Technology SLA’s and OLA’s.
- Awareness of Technology Governance, Risk, and Compliance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including collaboration and analytical.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and PowerPoint needed for metric report development and tracking is preferred.
- ITIL Certification for Incident, Problem and Change Management is preferred.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45113
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1800355