BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Principle Accounting Analyst
The Principal Accounting Analyst is responsible for Month end close activities and preparing and Reviewing General Ledger Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations. Technical
- 8 to 12 year experience in Record to Report (R2R)
- Qualification - B.Com with 8+ years / M.Com/ MBA with 6+ years /CWA-Inter/ CA-Inter with 4+years or CA/CMA with 2 + Year experience and Certification in IFRS/ Six sigma will be an added advantage.
- He / She should have experience on ERP (PeopleSoft/Oracle and SAP) and Blackline reconciliations.
- Good knowledge and experience in MS-Excel, Word and PowerPoint presentations.
- Good Written and verbal communication skills
- Good knowledge and experience in preparation of process documentations
- He / She Should have experience in Client handling (preferably Overseas Clients)
- Good knowledge about Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) compliance and Segregation of Duties’ (SOD).
- Good knowledge and expertise in various Sub systems modules and how this impacts the General ledger.
- Should have been part of transition or should have managed transition for team
- Team handling and experience around setting goals and performance management will be an added advantage
- Preferable He / She are having experience in Banking, Financial Services and Insurance (BFSI) and Investment Management, Investment services.
- Ability to adapt quickly and learn new tasks independently
- Strong research and analysis skills.
- Good understanding and working experience in accounting processes, procedure and internal controls and audit.
- Routine communication with Supervisors relating to financial close, issues and deliverables however working independently and less supervision.
- Multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines are required.
- Awareness around Information Security and protection is required.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet the agreed targets and deadline.
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders.
- Preferable to have worked with various teams, though may or may not have managed or handled team.
- Should have done at least one Idea, Kaizen, Process improvement and understand the basic quality tools and six sigma.
- Ability to generate bold, creative ideas to improve performance
- Good understanding and working experience about some of the critical words used in the industry like Key Performance Indicators (KPI), Service level agreement (SLA), Continuous Process improvement (CPI), preparation of metrics like dashboard, error register and issue log.
- Should be a team player and be a game changer thus having forward looking and innovative approach, thereby bringing in best practice sharing
- Ensure implementation of industry benchmark methodology for attaining excellence in execution.
- Accountable for Employee Engagement, control attrition & turnover of team if manages a team.
- Continues process improvements on current process designs as a part of transformation agenda.
- Provide consistent and predictable high quality service to business streams partners/customers.
- Multi-tasking and working under tight deadlines are required.
- Preferable if worked with various other teams within finance, though may or may not have managed or handled team.
- Responsible for performing the day- to-day general ledger accounting and analysis for assigned functional areas.
- Responsible for month-end, quarter-end and year-end close for assigned functional areas:
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in Accrual & Prepaid
- Excellent Knowledge and expertise in Month end close, provision and reserve, FX calculation and Multi currency revaluation process.
- Prepare/post journal entries for complex or routine business transactions and inter-company transactions.
- Expertise in journal entries Intercompany transaction using with Affiliates.
- Assist with month end / quarter-end / year-end close activities.
- Excellent knowledge and expertise in reviewing the Journal entries and ensure the substantiation supporting documents attached to journal entry before approving the journal entry.
- Good knowledge and expertise in preparing and review of general ledger balance sheet account reconciliations (Medium and High Complexity) to meet the corporate standard/ GL Reconciliation policy requirements and internal operating procedures.
- Able to drive people in accounting concepts, policy changes, CAPs (Corporate Accounting Polices ) and GAAPs
- Proactively work with the onshore teams for timely clearance, resolution of reconciliation variance & aged outstanding items.
- Ensure that all items of concerns or those past the business standards have been escalated to the management
- Act as an Subject Matter Expert in the assigned area of responsibility within the reconciliation process
- Support Assistant Manager / Operation Manager to ensure recons are compliant with applicable Corporate Accounting Policies and GAAP
JOB DESCRIPTION CONTENT (continued) LEVELING FACTORS Business Expertise: Describe the requirement for knowledge and expertise about how various parts of the organization work together to achieve business objectives. Explain the degree of understanding required of the industry, commercial environment and of competitor’s products and services. Strong operational and technical accounting knowledge is a must for this role. Good Understanding of the General Ledger Balance Sheet Account Reconciliations and related Corporate policies. Problem Solving: Describe the nature and complexity of the problems this position encounters on a recurring basis. Include information regarding the level of innovation required, if any, and include mention of environmental factors that may add to the complexity of resolving issues. Good problem solving skills is a prerequisite for this role. This position will require giving technical support to the Preparers and Reviewers of the Reconciliations in completion of the Reconciliations. This position will require a good understanding of the controls and risk environment. The role will need to take decisions/ escalate issues to the local/onshore management. Nature & Area of Impact: To what degree does this job affect the business (i.e., through interactions with customers, making decisions, defining or setting strategy, etc.)? What is the breadth of the impact that this job has, either positive or negative (i.e., affects own team, department, function, business unit, geography, entire business, etc.)? Position will actively interact with the onshore teams and the Blackline Global Helpdesk team. The role will need to interact effectively within the team, with the onshore teams across different regions. The role is critical to ensure the completeness of reconciliations prepared across different Finance businesses. Interactions / Interpersonal Skills: Describe the nature and level of interactions this job has with others, both internally and externally. Explain any specific interpersonal skills necessary to successfully perform this role (i.e., negotiation skills, represents business at external events or to governmental bodies, etc. ). As the role is responsible for interacting with multiple teams across the Finance onshore teams and the staff in Chennai, excellent communication skills is a must for this role.
Job Qualifications: Indicate the minimum and preferred education and experience for this job and any licenses and certifications required Minimum Education: B.Com with 8+ years / M.Com/ MBA with 6+ years /CWA-Inter/ CA-Inter with 4+years or CA/CMA with 2 + Year experience and Certification in IFRS/ Six sigma will be an added advantage. Preferred Education: Minimum Experience: 8 to 12 years’ experience in preparing and reviewing complex Balance Sheet Account reconciliation and month end close activities. Strong operational and technical accounting knowledge. Preferred Experience: Knowledge of the Financial services would be essential Minimum Language Skills: Excellent communication skills Preferred Language Skills:
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Finance helps our internal clients outperform over time. At BNY Mellon, Finance serves our internal clients by providing world-class accounting operations and control and decision support while instituting world-class change management. Global Procurement is responsible for establishing the programs to acquire products and services for BNY Mellon by employing deep category knowledge and commodity expertise, coupled with an understanding of the needs of our businesses and business partner groups. The Corporate Treasury group is responsible for managing the investment portfolios and the liquidity and capital positions of the various subsidiary banks and of BNY Mellon.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: India-Maharashtra-Pune
Internal Jobcode: 07674
Requisition Number: 1800357