BNY Mellon Careers
Recovery & Resolution Planning Senior Analyst (Vice President)
The Office of Recovery and Resolution Planning (ORRP) is responsible for the development and ongoing maintenance of annual Recovery and Resolution Plans (RRPs) to meet regulatory requirements of jurisdictions where the company operates. Failure to submit credible plans could lead to stringent capital, leverage or liquidity requirements that would constrain the company s growth, activities and operations. The group consists of teams of ORRP Senior Analysts in New York, Pittsburgh and Manchester whose members serve as the Leads of company-wide work streams. This position reports to the US/EMEA Manager, who in turn reports to the Head of the ORRP, but does not manage staff.
Primary expectations of the role of the ORRP Senior Analysts include:
- Achieve regulatory deliverables, which include drafting, editing and submitting holistic RRPs that meet regulations and crafting the company’s messaging in response to questionnaires from regulators concerning the company’s recoverability and resolvability;
- Own the goals of work streams and drive progress in meeting these goals, fostering team spirit and communications in the work streams;
- Partner with other work stream Leads to develop and implement complicated, company-wide project plans to accomplish these deliverables;
- Enlist support of business management for plan input and approval;
- Align RRP goals with other key regulatory deliverables;
- Coordinate the activation of RRPs in the event of actual stressed circumstances impacting the company; and
- Cultivate professional, mutually supportive relationships with regulatory agencies.
Candidates will exhibit an in-depth familiarity (or exhibit the ability to quickly develop an in-depth familiarity) with BNY Mellon's businesses, operations, legal entities, shared services and risk management philosophy and tie this knowledge to the following demonstrated abilities: 1) ability to advise senior management in the process of conducting self-assessments of the company’s capabilities to meet regulatory expectations; 2) ability to interpret and translate shifting regulatory feedback into detailed, comprehensive project plans that showcase BNY Mellon’s eminent thought leadership position concerning best practices for compliance among financial industry peers; 3) ability to market BNY Mellon’s strengths to agencies and clients; 4) ability to consider multiple approaches, reconcile competing corporate interests and prioritize objectives; 5) ability to interpret data, analyze financial, operational and legal input and draw persuasive conclusions for presentation to the Board of Directors, executive management and senior agency staff; 6) ability to invite and incorporate pushback from stakeholders; and 7) ability to drive project objectives and build a consensus.
Qualities below are helpful in this role:
- Strategic thinking;
- Strong oral and written communications skills;
- Keen project management skills and collaborative leadership abilities;
- A willingness to challenge conventions and assumptions and to constructively dissent when appropriate; and
- A high comfort level with working in a fast paced, unstructured, unpredictable and frequently changing environment.
QualificationsThis is a talent pipeline posting.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: PCT005
Organization: Corporate Treasury-HR06004
Requisition Number: 1800388