BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Developer (Java/Spring 3, Oracle SQL/PL)
BNY Mellon Technology has a mission to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Active contribution to Application Software development including requirements analysis, testing, performance tuning, optimization, re-use, and scalability of products; demonstrate creative, critical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Responsible and participate in detailed design, creation of test plan and test data, perform end-to-end testing and ensuring timely delivery of the solution
- Provide active production support, monitoring the application and working with various BNY Mellon’s technology support and shared service groups to quickly restore the service in case of issues.
- Writes new programs of moderate complexity and scope, working with basic application system designs and specifications, utilizing BNY Mellon's standard development methodology, procedures and techniques
- Thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle.
- Good knowledge in RDBMS and writing moderate/complex SQL queries.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Two-six (2-6) years of experience in software development required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Deep understanding of the software development life cycle.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
- Able to articulate complex solutions through technical discussions.
- Can work collaboratively to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analyses, and solution development.
- Experience in working with business analysts, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology for Software Development (prefer Scrum) a plus.
- Oracle SQL/PL
- Shell Scripting
- HTML 5
- IBM MQ or Active MQ.
- JBOSS EAP & JBPM
- Apache Camel framework.
- Java-DB2 Integration knowledge
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45115
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1800443