BNY Mellon Careers
Specialist, Fund/Client Accounting (Private Equity Fund Accounting and Waterfall Analysis)
BNY Mellon is seeking a qualified candidate to manage the migration of Private Equity Funds onto the end-state waterfall solution. This Manager will lead the project implementation team that supports the conversion of Funds onto Cascade Suite, an automated waterfall vendor solution that is integrated with Investran, the current accounting platform for the Alternative Investment Services group. In addition, this person will oversee the development of Excel models that support complex waterfall calculations.
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required
• 7+ years of Private Equity Fund accounting experience, including waterfall analysis and specification and/or development strongly preferred
• Investran and Cascade proficiency strongly preferred
• Waterfall Software strongly preferred
• Advanced Excel required; VBA programming a strong plus
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills
• Ability to read and analyze a Fund Limited Partnership Agreement (“LPA”), the legal document that governs the waterfall calculation strongly preferred
• Ability to translate language from LPA to business requirements strongly preferred
• Desire and proven ability to master accounting applications strongly preferred
• Experience in large systems conversion projects a plus strongly preferred
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 70507
Organization: CSD AIS Operations-HR08997
Requisition Number: 1800588