BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Tax Manager- Client Tax Support
The tax services team focuses on tax strategy, development & enhancement of tax services, tax risk management, market presence, client facing tax support and leveraging tax expertise across BNY Mellon Investment Services globally. The key component for this particular role is custody tax knowledge with a background in international tax services for asset management clients with complex fund ranges.
• This position will report to the Global Head of Client Tax Technical Solutions in BNY Mellon Investment Services division, primarily responsible for the provision of tax technical support to our platinum clients located in EMEA and North America.
• The individual will help develop a model to support our clients’ international tax servicing needs.
• Monitor international tax developments across all markets in our global custody network and ensure solutions are customised to the particular client and fact pattern.
• Monitor tax changes impacting fund servicing solutions – (e.g. UK tax changes affecting fund accounting and transfer agency as relevant).
• Work with clients to champion solutions, both internally and externally, facilitating discussion for decision making across multiple lines of business.
• Develop best practice approach and service model, identifying additional products and service opportunities.
• Meet with tax authorities and governments, as necessary, to advocate workable solutions to tax relief models for these types of client.
• Hold regular meetings with clients to review tax changes and where necessary work closely with the clients dedicated tax service provider/tax advisor.
• Participate in relevant tax industry working group meetings as necessary.
• Assisting the Global Tax Services team in ad-hoc projects as they arise from clients in relation to other global tax initiatives (e.g. BEPS, Common Reporting Standard, Financial Transaction Taxes, Investor Taxes, Capital Gain Taxes, etc).
• Extensive experience working within the asset servicing business with deep knowledge on domestic and foreign withholding taxes, tax relief systems, tax treaty analysis, capital gains and financial transaction taxes and fund accounting
• Particular emphasis on the application of global withholding tax systems to Funds (ETFs, UCITS, US funds, structured products), ideally obtained through significant experience at a global custodian or financial service provider.
• Strong client focus, with proven experience of working with large asset managers.
• Team player able to work across multiple lines of business with excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
• Strong analytical and managerial skills .
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Lothian Region-Edinburgh
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 53626
Organization: Fund Acctg & Issuer Other-HR14528
Requisition Number: 1800714