BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Treasury Services Client Service Group Manager
Opening date: 5th February 2018
Closing date: 5th March 2018
Overview Of BNY Mellon:
BNY Mellon is a global financial services company focused on helping clients manage and service their financial assets, operating in 35 countries and serving more than 100 markets. BNY Mellon is a leading provider of financial services for institutions, corporations and high-net-worth individuals, providing superior asset management and wealth management, asset servicing, issuer services, clearing services and treasury services through a worldwide client-focused team.
Manages multiple client service teams responsible for providing quality support to clients with transactions and resolving operational issues on a daily basis. Maintains familiarity with industry best practices and seeks opportunities to implement as appropriate. Sets policies and procedures for teams managed. Contributes to the development of strategic initiatives that are designed to improve the overall client service experience and improve team productivity and quality. Resolves highly complex or non-routine issues or inquiries from senior-level or key individuals at clients, as needed. Maintains relationships with business leaders to report client trends and needs. May provide forward-looking insight on client issues and trends to drive future revenue growth. Provides strategic guidance on internal activities and initiatives designed to improve the client experience. Determines needed improvements through review and analysis of problems reported. Recruits, directs, motivates and develops staff, maximizing their individual contribution, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with their colleagues as a team. Manages multiple client service/support teams. Responsible for the achievement of multiple team goals and objectives, talent management and supervision of team members. Teams support multiple, complex client accounts.
Treasury Services (TS) Client Service Group Manager specific responsibilities include:
• Managing the staff responsible for relationship-based Client support across a network of Client Service sites and/or market segments and/or regions for Treasury Services. This network is staffed by Client Service Officers (CSOs), Client Advocates, Team Leads, and Client Services Managers I and II in multiple locations. These groups are responsible for serving as the main contact for servicing issues for all Tier 1 and Tier 2 TS Client relationships in that geographic region. He/she is responsible for the consistent delivery of servicing from all sites in the network
• Setting the strategy for and the delivery of front-end, relationship-based Client service for Treasury Services and is ultimately responsible for Client satisfaction servicing quality as measured through established surveys. In addition will play a key role in various strategic initiatives in Treasury Services, including cost reduction initiatives, acquisition integration efforts, the roll-out of new products and services, changes in delivery models and other key business decisions.
• Retention through the effective management of billable Client service activities and Client Support’s product line, the delivery of outstanding Client service quality, and the identification and implementation of effective referral strategies, and through the management of incremental implementation activity done by the unit.
• Management of all organization budget codes associated with Client Service, including the establishment of a yearly operating plan, providing accurate and timely forecasts, identifying and implementing cost reduction strategies and monitoring expenses.
• Overseeing risk and compliance issues in the area, insuring successful audits and risk reviews.
• Overseeing the activities of subordinate managers responsible for carrying out all employee-related activities defined by Human Resources policies and procedures.
• Engagement with external clients at a senior level, Director Level above. e.g. including Head of FI, Global/ Regional Head of Network Management, Head of Operations.
• Provide representation at industry forums and events on behalf of Treasury Services. Strong ability to interact with both competitors and clients at said events.
• Extensive Financial Services experience with a strong background in sales, implementation/new client on-boarding, client service management and/or senior operations management.
• Excellent knowledge of the external commercial needs of clients across all key client market segments - Banks, Non-Bank Financial Institutions, Insurance, Broker Dealers, Fund Managers and Corporates.
• Excellent working knowledge of BNYM Working Capital Solutions products and services highly advantageous.
• Strong Global acumen and proven remote management skills are required, due to the geographic and cultural diversity of both the team and external clients.
• Strong management experience is required as well as prior experience managing subordinate managers preferred.
• Problem solving skills of the highest order are required. The role entails managing a geographically diverse team of client service officers who are mandated to respond to second line or escalated matters.
• Client matters escalated to the regional manager will be inherently complex and very sensitive in nature as these relate to Tier 1 and 2 clients. The incumbent must be able to leverage own extensive knowledge as well as engage key internal stakeholders to ensure a timely and accurate response to the challenges faced by clients.
• Innovative or 'out of the box' thinking is a requirement, whilst ensuring a risk based approach is taken to prevent exposure of BNYM on a legal, regulatory, reputational basis etc.
• Proven ability to engage and influence across stakeholders groups within BNYM at a senior management level (MD and above) to ensure mutually satisfactory solutions are provided to external clients.
• Strong negotiation skills required and a robust ability to apply a risk based approach to innovative solutions provided to clients.
• Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required with an MBA preferred
What we can offer you:
• Challenging, fun and supportive environment
• 25 days holiday (in addition to Bank Holidays) plus opportunity to purchase up to 5 extra days
• Highly competitive benefits package including pension and private medical cover
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon Treasury Services understands our clients face profound challenges as they move, access and apply their cash and associated business information on a global basis. Here's where BNY Mellon Treasury Services can help by blending our award-winning cash management and global payments services into customized solutions in three strategic areas: Supply chain management - Access a suite of receivables, payables and trade finance solutions that can help reduce costs, increase efficiency and strengthen control. Client Access and Liquidity Services - Active and passive cash investment strategies combined with innovative transaction and reporting tools. Global Payments Services - High-quality, 24-hour processing and customer service for international payments, enabling our clients to make cross-border payments anytime, anywhere in more than 100 currencies.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70099
Organization: Global Client Support-HR12364
Requisition Number: 1800750