BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Specialist, Business Planning and Analysis (EMEA Lead)
The Business Management department is responsible for ensuring that the Fund Accounting and Administration Client Service Delivery business (“FAA”) is managed as an entity within the BNY Mellon Group so that operations management are enabled to deliver on their core activities while meeting corporate standards.
The management of the programme of work assigned to the role within the Business Management team.
The main focus of the BM team is on ensuring compliance with global policies in the following areas:
- Business Continuity
- Record management
- Supporting tasks emanating from the CAO office
The team is also responsible for:
- Oversight of BKU (the BNY Mellon University), Finance, Technology and Facilities to ensure that business is enabled to deliver as required
- The provision of management Information (“MIS”) to senior management to enable focussed management of the business
- Managing the collation and creation of internal MIS for external use
BM is currently responsible for all FAA business locations, including Ireland, Germany, Luxembourg, Poland, United Kingdom, India, and multiple locations across the United States. These locations may be amended in line with organisational changes.
Specifically the job-holder will be required to input into and in many cases manage the following tasks and projects:
- Contribute to the strategic direction, and where necessary deputise for the Manager of the team.
- The provision of accurate and timely MIS to all internal and external parties.
- Manage the collation of weekly and monthly MIS leveraging and aggregating data from internal systems.
- Development of automated solutions to realise efficiencies in the areas of responsibilities set out above.
- Support the Business Recovery Coordinator (“BRC”) for FAA in certain ongoing tasks and to act as alternate taking on full responsibilities of the role when required.
- Assist business in all transformation projects/initiatives from Business Continuity perspective
- Monitor Head Count Cap functional levels across FAA
- Tracking of tasks assigned to the operational teams to ensure delivered in a timely manner in line with expectations and policy.
- Where required to support the BM team in the coordination of the delivery of the Information Risk Management and Record Management work programme within FAA.
- Mandatory training monitoring.
- Development and roll out of local policies, training material and procedures as required.
- Support the facilitation and coordination of the Policies and Procedure Forum (PPF).
- Provide support to the head of Business Management.
- Ad hoc projects and tasks which are allocated by the head of business management and FAA. Management of staff and their deliverables in multiple locations which may be amended from time to time.
Key Skills / Requirements
- Prepare and communicate status reports as relevant to all areas of the programme of work and ensure the communication is appropriate depending on the audience.
- Conduct and participate as needed in any meetings and initiatives related to the programme of work.
- Actively participate in cross-department & location management team meetings as required, taking and directing ownership of relevant decisions & actions as appropriate.
- Promote an environment of open and clear communication and maintain a positive, constructive and professional relationship with internal and external parties.
- Conduct regular One-to-One meetings with BM management, providing updates on relevant developments and updates on salient issues.
Management Information Deliverables
- Develop a clear understanding of, and promote awareness within the BM team of all internal and client deliverables, and service expectations.
- Ensure any new business requirements and changes to the Business are reflected accurately and correctly in MIS production.
- Where required arrange meetings with other departments across FAA to discuss MIS creation issues and service levels. Ensure minutes are kept documenting decisions and tracking action points.
- Sound technical understanding of Accounting function & products as they relate to the production of NAV & related figures, dealing, distribution & reporting – will be an advantage but not necessary
- Knowledge of implementing processes & systems, documentation & articulating business requirements, and managing change & risk within an operations environment.
- The ability to project / programme manage with a focus on cross-discipline process, technology and service solutions.
- Understanding of Information Systems, data gathering, analysis, visualization and the ability to clearly and effectively communicate findings and propose improvements based on these analyses.
- Advanced proficiency in using MS Office and other relevant business systems.
- Strong dashboard management.
- Leverage new technologies to tighten, improve and make more efficient BM controls, and streamline existing processes.
- Programming skills – knowledge of R Studio or Python will be an advantage
- Excellent organisation, teamwork & leadership skills with the ability to manage, motivate and develop teams at all levels as well as direct and influence multiple work streams across locations.
- Excellent analytical, planning and time management skills. Proactive and focused attitude with the ability to perform and succeed under pressure, consistently meeting deliverables.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Strong presentation, negotiation and report writing skills with the ability to clearly articulate and record issues.
- A strong attention to detail with the ability to manage and bring issues to conclusion.
Experience & Qualifications
- Demonstrated experience and track record of management and delivery of programmes of work covering multiple disciplines across multiple business functions.
- Relevant experience in the investment funds industry and / or a degree from an accredited college or university with a focus on team and programme management.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70158
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1800792