BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Lead Computer Systems Engineer – Cyber Security Products
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PaaS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building a next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
TSG has staff in several offices, one of which is in Woodland Park, NJ, close to Rt. 80 and Rt. 46, making for a quick commute for North Jersey residents. The team you’ll be working with is comprised of other system engineers with backgrounds in Messaging, Archiving, Compliance, Data Loss Protection, Data Classification and Rights Management. They directly provide technical solutions and support for Information Security, Legal and Compliance.
Key responsibilities include:
- Systems engineering, installation, testing and integration of data protection products related to data classification, digital rights management, data loss prevention and malware protection with existing technologies, including, but not limited to Office 365, Microsoft Exchange, Enterprise Vault, Symantec Email Security.cloud, Symantec DLP, and Symantec Messaging gateway.
- Developing custom solutions that address business needs and mitigate cyber risks.
- Providing 3rd level support for implemented technology, including acting as liaison between the Helpdesk and vendor.
- Authoring design documents, operational procedures, and test plans to support our 1st and 2nd level operations teams.
- Development of automation and custom scripts for support, monitoring and metrics gathering.
Lead Computer Systems Engineer ->> Designs and develops solutions to moderately complex application problems, system administration issues, or network concerns. Performs systems management and integration functions. Ensures that all systems, applications, software, and hardware are compliant with corporate policy/procedures. Identifies issues and contributes to developing solutions. Maintains and may lead the process for documenting design. Works with Application Development and Quality Assurance and Testing teams to understand infrastructure needs during the development and testing processes. Ensures these needs are taken into account when developing infrastructure. Develops detailed project plans and tracks project progress. Evaluates the organization's existing infrastructure technology and researches and analyzes trends. Implements changes to the infrastructure technology that enhance its reliability and efficiency. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Four to six (4-6) years of systems engineering and interoperability experience is required.
- Proven track record as a system administrator of Windows (required) and Linux (a plus) servers.
- Exceptional networking skills and knowledge is required.
- Programming/scripting experience using one or more of the following languages is desired: Visual Studio, Powershell, or Python.
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New Jersey-Woodland Park
Internal Jobcode: 45116
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1800879