BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Nlyte "DCIM" Manager - Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG) is the central infrastructure services group with a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customers have most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financial services market place. BNY Mellon BXP technology is leading edge with industry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprise standards for developers.
TSG is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service using the latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deployments in BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green field cloud with the existing virtual computing environments.
The Data Center Services team strives to provide an efficient, risk driven approach to managing the raised floor area of the Data Center. These services include managing assets throughout their life cycle, data destruction, CRQ implementation, and ensuring appropriate physical and logical security for vendors within the environment. This individual will have exposure to a broad set of technologies and be constantly challenged to create innovative automation and monitoring solutions. The work environment is a hands-on, fast paced, and deadline-oriented where adaptability is key to our success as a team, thus having depth knowledge of working in large-scale Data Center environments is a critical. The individual will be responsible for managing the inventory and assets in our Data Center in accordance with the standard policies and procedures designated by the group. This individual will play a key role in ensuring our Data Center inventory is up-to-date and accurate.
Key responsibilities include:
- Manage the Nlyte DCIM tool delivery and on-going support including the defined workflows, data quality, accuracy of inventory (ensure all data center equipment/devices/racks are up-to-date and in Nlyte DCIM tool), etc.
- Integrate Critical Facilities systems into Nlyte to provide single pane of glass view of DCaaS environment and track PUE, as well as, systems related issues and uptime metrics.
- Perform Data Center server rack/device inventory, monitor, manage and control many of the deployed devices in the Data Center across a number of different device types and vendors.
- Manage, integrate, maintain and administer Nlyte DCIM tools, integrations, and systems.
- Create and maintain assets and trending reports of critical configuration items in the environment to proactively manage resources. Provide timely statistical reports on pipeline, provisioning, inventory, adherence to asset management process and change management.
- Create and refine automated provisioning processes for streamlining monitoring deployments.
Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation, works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Oversees software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Six to eight (6-8) years of related infrastructure experience is required.
- Two to four (2-4) years of experience working with Nlyte DCIM tools, with the ability to take ownership and drive the delivery of the tool objective, processes and functionalities is preferred.
- Experience in the areas of server installations in Data Centers, surrounding process areas and capacity management (pipeline) of new hardware into the Data Centers.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Tennessee-Nashville
Internal Jobcode: 45142
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1800881