BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Group Manager, Fund Accounting (German speaker)
The Group Manager is responsible for multiple operations groups who provide fund administration services to fund clients. The Group Manager oversees the service delivered by various operations teams. The nature and number of client relationships as well as the number of assigned personnel may change due to organisational growth.
The Group Manager represents BNY Mellon in meetings with external parties such as external fund auditors, fund investment advisors, fund Senior Management, trustees, custodians and legal counsel.
• Ensure ongoing delivery of high quality service levels to a group of global investment management clients. Ensure strong operational and management control of accounting, valuation and general administration for a complex range of fund structures.
• Pro-actively assess client requirements. Manage business issues firmly and constructively while developing and maintaining good client relations.
• Ensure all fund net asset values (NAVs) are calculated according to agreed client procedures and timetables and that required controls are in place and adhered to.
• Prepare, maintain and communicate to staff of client specific procedures on a timely basis.
• Co-ordinate the accurate and timely provision of non-daily services to clients including month-end reporting, compliance reviews, expense budgets, expense reviews and payments.
• Ensure service is provided in line with client service level agreements (SLAs) and regulatory requirements and is in accordance with agreed operating procedures.
Co-ordination of new client/new business take-on:
• Co-ordinate with BNY Mellon business development to win new business and to prepare for new clients and new funds being launched by existing clients.
• Ensure sufficient staff resources, expertise, systems, procedures and controls are in place to properly service all new business.
• Manage service quality within the operations teams. Use all operations management information systems (MIS) to review all client, timing and reconciliation issues and to ensure all matters arising are resolved in an efficient and timely manner.
• Ensure all NAV errors and breaches are reported according to The Bank of New York Mellon procedures and any resulting changes to procedures and controls are swiftly implemented.
• Manage the fund administration aspects of multiple client relationships. Participate in periodic meetings with clients in order to ascertain the current status of the client's view of the service relationship. Develop a relationship with client senior management so as to be a senior point of contact, in conjunction with Client Servicing, for client communication.
• Keep abreast of business developments impacting clients and assess new business from a resource, skills and risk perspective. Communicate with Senior Management of both clients and prospective clients.
• Play an integral role both in tactical IT responses to business issues and in strategic IT development.
• Contribute to strategic development by participating in strategic planning sessions and taking on user group project specification duty.
• Ensure all staff maintain strict user controls on all systems.
Human resource management:
• Keep staff informed of company and business developments, provide team briefings, and set performance objectives.
• Resolve or raise any HR issues, ensure appropriate mentoring of all staff within your team, and oversee the timely completion of staff performance appraisals.
• Identify new staffing requirements; co-ordinate staff training on systems, standard procedures/controls and client specific procedures.
• Support career progression within teams and rotate staff to ensure proper coaching, succession planning and appropriate risk mitigation, and general staff development.
• Lead and manage a team of Operations Managers, Assistant Managers, Supervisors and fund Administration staff.
• Fluency in English and German is essential.
• Fluency in Polish is preferred.
• Extensive work experience in the funds administration business.
• Knowledge of money market funds and exchange traded funds, including all accounting and structural issues typically inherent in these types of funds and the instruments they typically hold.
• Knowledge of managed currency funds and performance fee calculations including class-level and equalisation.
• Technical knowledge of complex fund structures including UCITS and non-UCITS, the regulation of these vehicles, investment management methods and fund accounting/valuation methods including NAV calculation, income distribution/equalisation, performance fee calculation methods and compliance monitoring.
• Understanding of operational and reputation risks inherent in the fund administration business and the management/operational control environment required in managing these risks.
• Ability to think strategically with a high focus on controls and risk mitigation.
• Ability to evaluate new business needs and changed service requirements.
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• Management skills related to operations, leadership, strategy and projects.
• Client relationship management skills.
• Service quality work ethic.
• Ability to mentor, develop and motivate personnel.
If you apply for this role this means you agree with the following statement:
Through my application for a role with BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o. (the Company) I hereby authorize the Company to process my personal data for the purposes of recruitment. Furthermore I declare that I am aware of the voluntary submission of data and I am informed about the right to access the data and the right to correct it, pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act of 29 August 1997 (Journal of Laws [Dz.U] No. 133, item 883)”. I authorise the Company to process my personal data for future recruitment processes.
Furthermore, I authorize BNY Mellon and its’ affiliates, Taleo (UK) Limited to process my personal data.
BNY Mellon and affiliates registration details.-
BNY Mellon (Poland) sp. z.o.o Registered office – Swobodna 3, 50-088 Wroclaw
The Bank of New York Mellon (International) Limited – 1 Canada Square, London, E14 5AL
The Bank of New York Mellon SA/NV – 46 Rue Montoyerstraat, B-1000 Brussels, Belgium
Taleo (UK) Limited Registered office - 78-586 Chiswick High Road, London W4 5RP, United Kingdom,
Please note that during the recruitment process you may be asked to provide further information and supporting documents. The information provided may be verified and reviewed, to the extent permitted by the law, as to their veracity and accuracy.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Service Delivery (CSD) brings together BNY Mellon's key operational areas into one global team to better support the company's businesses and serve clients around the world. CSD helps clients to conduct business, service assets, and engage in transactions in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. At every stage of the investments lifecycle - creating, trading, clearing, settling, holding, servicing, managing, distributing and restructuring assets - CSD is working to make BNY Mellon the recognized industry service quality and productivity leader. Client Service Delivery manages investment monitoring, measurement and processing services for our clients. Our solutions include Securities Operations, Fund Administration, Transfer Agency, Outsourcing, Performance Measurement and other related services.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Poland-Dolnoslaskie-Wroclaw
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: PAS29
Organization: Glb Fund Accnt & Fund Admin-HR13984
Requisition Number: 1800886