BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Java Developer - J2EE, MQ Series Agile (Enterprise Financial Messaging)
Critical, highly visible opportunity for a talented developer with strong product sensibilities and lead mindset / capabilities to drive the design of new platform for Enterprise Financial Messaging under Treasury Services.
This global team is responsible for financial messaging technology products and platforms. Currently we are building a new platform using latest technologies and micro services architecture. The modular and composable architecture allows the opportunity to bring exciting new dimensions to the platform, with integrated productivity and decision support tooling supplied by many different teams.
The successful applicant will take ownership in defining the architecture strategy, toolset, and delivery of major components of this platform and the hundreds of applications leveraging this. This is powered by the BNY Mellon digital ecosystem (NEXEN), developed in a highly disciplined, agile model with a focus on partnership and co-development in a vibrant internal open source community
You will be able to positively impact the overall experience and productivity of the platform users, comprising of developers, business users and external customers.
Ideal candidate will be experienced, hands on developer and have demonstrable exposure to some or all of the following:
- Required Skills – Java, J2EE, Spring, REST API, Unix, RDBMS, Maven
- Experience in MQ Series or any other JMS broker would be a plus
- Experience in Test Driven Development
- Exposure to latest tech stack like Docker would be nice to have but isn’t mandatory
- Liaise with different business application items and help them with adoption of new platform
- Agile / Scrum - continuous integration / delivery with experience working with multiple teams and evolving technology
- A passion for quality in all aspects of the software they produce and supervise and a desire to teach and lead others
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry would be helpful
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1800938