BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
1st shift or 3rd shift Production Control - Spec'st Infrastrct Ops Analyst
The Production Control team provides 24x7 support for all batch job requests/one time changes, monitoring of defined OLA and SLA’s and application recovery.
· Working experience in a Production Delivery Services capacity
· Monitors critical path by studying production schedule queues in CA WA Workstation (ESP) and reports delays to shift management in an expedited fashion, claiming ownership of the issue until the problem is resolved
· Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are required, especially when issues are addressed with clients (users) as well as when escalated up to shift management
· Maintain prompt and accurate updates to the work log of all Incident Management related tickets assigned until ticket is resolved/closed
· Sets up and runs adhoc jobs, triggers batch schedules in CA WA Workstation (ESP)
· Generally provide technical and administrative support with minimal or no supervision unless peer review is required for more complex requests
· Resolves user problems by researching and responding to queries concerning request and batch schedules
· Working knowledge of automated scheduling software such as CA7, OPC, CA WA Workstation (ESP)
· Functional understanding of JCL
· Knowledge of CA11 or Encore is a plus
· Knowledge of BMC Remedy NDM, FTP, Microsoft Office Professional 201 and ITIL Best Practices
Specialist Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Researches the appropriate system software to meet corporate standards and objectives for system performance. May allocate/coordinate work within a team/project. Formulates plans to meet system objectives for the corporation, works in all phases of system analysis, implementation measurement, and reporting. Oversees software installations and upgrades to operating systems and layered software packages. Analyzes user hardware and software needs and recommends upgrades or new purchases. Installs, configures, and develops middleware utility programs and related distributed system software on multiple mainframe/distributed hardware/software environments. Leads the middleware team in providing more complex on-site and on-call support through analysis and research. Collaborates and consults with application development teams to determine platform selection, efficient transaction design, and use. Communicates both formally and informally with customers and end users. Reviews new/modified file transmission requests submitted by all internal business partners at BNY Mellon. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives.
QualificationsBachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred, 6 - 8 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-Pennsylvania-Freeport
Internal Jobcode: 45142
Organization: Technology Services Group-HR06725
Requisition Number: 1801016