BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Application Architect (Mainframe, DB2, COBOL,CICS,JCL, MQ Series / JMS)
Global Transaction Management (GTM) is the single point of capture, validation, edit, enrichment, formatting, routing and repair for all security and cash related to security instructions.
GTM is the central hub for receiving client trade instructions from the global and domestic SWIFT pipes, client files and client instructions. GTM is responsible for the capture, validation, edit, enrichment, formatting, and routing of these security and cash related to security instructions. This is accomplished on both the mainframe and BNYM cloud platform.
This is an exciting opportunity to work on the latest IBM mainframe technologies in a high profile, critical bank application which processes over 800,000 messages daily.
In addition to the large mainframe footprint, GTM is also an internal operations portal with 20+ web applications for inquiry, repair, and enrichment of data. The mainframe and distributed components of GTM work hand in hand to deliver critical business functionality to GTM's vast user community.
Primary Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Assessing current state architectures and developing target state blueprints and transformational roadmaps to achieve strategic organizational objectives.
- Analyze mainframe system resource usage (storage and performance); recommend and implement optimizations accordingly
- Performing root cause analysis for incidents, system and performance concerns
- Developing data models and table structures that meet complex business needs
- Providing technical guidance to cross-functional, cross-platform application development teams.
- Acting as a consultant and subject matter expert to influence development strategies.
- Staying abreast of the latest technology infrastructures and development processes in the industry and marketplace.
- Determining application technical infrastructure components such as specific databases, programming languages, utilities, testing approach, and tools.
- Advocating for change to deliver innovative solutions that meet client needs.
- DB2, COBOL,CICS,JCL, MQ Series / JMS
- VSAM experience is a plus
- Ten years or more experience in analysis, design, and hands-on application mainframe development is required.
- Hands on experience with the IBM’s SYSPLEX, Coupling facility is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred.
- Experience in the financial services industry working as a mainframe architect is a must.
- Experience working closely with offshore staff is a must.
- Experience with mainframe modernization techniques
- Experience connecting applications to mainframe
- Experience in real time throughput performance improvement initiatives.
- Experience working with business analysts, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas and offshore time zones.
- Strong analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
- Able to articulate and summarize complex solutions through technical discussions.
- Can work collaboratively to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analyses, and solution development. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to see the “big picture” while focusing on small components of the overall vision.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45007
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1801017