BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Java Developer (J2EE, Spring, Hibernate, IBM MQ, Active MQ)
BNYM Technology has a mission to provide our business partners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable and secure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
This primary responsibility of this role is to provide technical design and development for strategic project initiatives for global cash applications.
Key responsibilities include:
- Design and develop software solutions by combining technical expertise with an understanding of strategic business drivers, application and project needs; working with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; solving complex technology challenges
- Active contribution to Application Software development including requirements analysis, design, coding, testing, re-use, and scalability of products; responsible for performance tuning and optimization, demonstrates creative, critical thinking and strategic vision.
- Document and demonstrate solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Write new programs and web services of high complexity, mentor less experienced team members, participate in peer code reviews and responsible that delivered code is scalable, reusable and meets guidelines for the best practices and procedures.
- Familiar with modern tools and software. Consistently finds and delivers new ways to develop and improve processes and technology.
- Work with BNY Mellon’s infrastructure groups on defining infrastructure needed to support functional and performance requirements and to solve complex technology challenges.
Specialist Developer->> Provides application software development services or technical support in more complex situations. May also be responsible for requirements gathering and BRD/SRD preparation. Has thorough knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle. Conducts reviews of the test Plan and test Data. May allocate/ coordinate work within a team/project. Analyzes, defines and documents requirements for data, workflow, logical processes, hardware and operating system environment, interfaces with other systems, internal and external checks, controls, and outputs using BNY Mellon's standard development methodology. Coordinates coding, testing, implementation and documentation of solution. Ensures that expected application performance levels are achieved. Contributes to defining time tables and project plans. Analyzes and estimates feasibility, cost, time, and compatibility with hardware and other programs. Conducts analysis of organizational needs and goals for the development and implementation of application systems. Proposes innovative, creative technology solutions. Contributes to the achievement of related teams' objectives. Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, 6-8 years of experience in software development required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science engineering or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience in software development required.
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with multiple teams, including business unit teams, to deliver solutions through all aspects of the SDLC required
- Strong understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) required
- Strong design and analytical skills, excellent problem solver and self-starter.
- Up to date knowledge of design and development tools
- Able to articulate complex solutions through technical discussions.
- Can work collaboratively to perform complex troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, and solution development.
- Experience with performance tuning is preferred.
- Experience writing web services is required
- Experience in working with business analysts, project managers and technical architects in multiple geographical areas.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), ability to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge of the Agile methodology for Software Development (prefer Scrum) a plus
- Ability to stay current with emerging technologies and new applications of existing technologies, through work or continuing industry or education involvement
- Knowledge of secure coding standards and best practices is required
- Good knowledge in RDBMS and writing moderate/complex SQL queries
- IBM MQ/Active MQ
- Oracle SQL/PL
- Shell Scripting
- HTML 5
- IBM MQ or Active MQ.
- JBOSS EAP & JBPM
- Apache Camel framework.
- Java-DB2 Integration knowledge
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Client Technology Solutions provides our business partners with client-focused, technology-based solutions. These enhance their ability to be successful through world-class software solutions and leading-edge infrastructure. Client Technology Solutions provides employees with the tools and resources to enhance their professional qualifications and careers.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 45144
Job: Information Technology
Organization: Investment Services Technology-HR13644
Requisition Number: 1801033