BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Business Development Officer
The Business Development Officer (BDO) will develop a comprehensive territory sales program designed to drive revenue growth for BNY Mellon Fixed Income Sales, including, but not limited to Dreyfus/Cash Investment Strategies money market and Standish Short Duration (1-3 Active Fixed and Tax Sensitive) SMA strategies.
- The BDO will actively prospect to assigned markets, (which may include, and are not limited to, broker/dealers, banks, institutional portals, investment advisers, corporate, and endowment/foundation relationships) in a geographic territory to build relationships and identify sales opportunities.
- The BDO will lead the sales process from prospect identification through the final presentation, coordinating resources to maximize the opportunity for success.
- To be successful, the BDO must build solid relationships with these entities and be able to network with internal BNY Mellon client executives and relationship managers in the various Asset Servicing LOBs and geographies for cross over opportunities.
He/she must also have:
- A solid understanding of all fixed income strategies represented by the BNY Mellon Fixed Income Sales team.
- A solid understanding of fixed income investment strategies and be highly familiar with each strategies' distinguishing features.
- Deep understanding of the products and strategies that BNY Mellon Fixed Income Sales represents.
- Be able to identify and offer solutions to meet prospect's/client's described financial/investment needs/goals.
- Significant impact to business; revenue generation.
- Strong network in assigned markets.
- Excellent presentation skills required.
- High level of integrity.
- Team player
- Self motivator.
- 8 years direct sales or client relationship management experience in the institutional marketplace.
- Flexibility to travel.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans.
Primary Location: United States-New York-New York
Internal Jobcode: 07844
Job: Asset Management
Organization: NA Investment Boutiques-HR13428
Requisition Number: 1801065