BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Newton, Business Control Administrator (12 month FTC)
Newton Investment Management Limited is an active investment management firm, using thematic ideas about the long-term investment landscape to create and manage strategies that help secure its clients’ futures. Newton thinks on a global basis, with its single London-based investment team working collaboratively across asset classes and regions. The firm builds bold solutions, designed to meet the real-world challenges the clients face, and the team manage them responsibly in the broadest sense – through embedding environmental, social and governance considerations, and engaging on issues that affect their clients. Those clients are based around the world, and include pension funds, corporations and charities and, via Newton’s parent company BNY Mellon, individuals.
With offices in London and New York, Newton has £54.5bn (as at 31 March 2017) including assets managed by Newton Investment Management Limited as dual officers of Newton Capital Management Limited and The Bank of New York Mellon. News and other information about Newton is available at www.newton.co.uk and via Twitter: @NewtonIM
Newton employees are bright, inquisitive, thoughtful and collaborative. They are highly motivated to deliver performance and service to clients. Newton pride themselves on being an employer of choice, with a flexible working environment and a commitment to diversity and opportunity among its employees.
Newton is a professional, friendly and collegiate place to work. The firm looks to attract individuals who are keen to work as part of a team, in a meritocratic environment, and who are driven to help make the organisation a great place to work.
This is a ‘first line’ risk management role. The Business Control team acts as the primary point of contact/ key liaison point for Newton with regards to all audit functions i.e. regulatory, external, internal and client related audits. The team also has responsibility for oversight of all Compliance originated monitoring and operational risk control within certain business areas and undertakes other adhoc control-related administration tasks. The Business Control Administrator supports the team to ensure that all allocated work and incoming issues are dealt with without risk to the company, in an efficient manner and to the satisfaction of all internal and external clients.
- Undertake the day-to-day work of the Business Control team. Contribute to the maintenance of effective checklists and procedure documents and demonstrate a continuous process improvement approach.
- Audit Control Co-ordination: Support the team to agree audit requirements across all Newton business areas. Arrange for the submission of documentation as necessary, maintaining comprehensive record of all documentation provided. Agree and record each year’s agenda of audits, and ensure all key participants are aware.
- Act as main point of contact throughout audit period, facilitating liaison and interviews with the appropriate business staff as necessary, and maintaining comprehensive records of information provided. Track and provide feedback to management regarding progression of audit and any emerging issues. Provide updates to interested committees and oversight groups.
- Draft management responses after obtaining input from relevant business heads, co-ordinate the finalisation of reports and circulation to all relevant parties. Propose solutions to items raised and track action points to completion. Prepare management sign off documentation where necessary.
- Audit Control Documentation: Assist in the maintenance of generic external regulatory documentation e.g. ISAE 3402, CASS 8, and Pension Fund Disclosure and co-ordinate and manage inputs from all Newton business areas. Issue ISAE Bridge Letters when required.
- Compliance Monitoring Control: Assist the business during Compliance Monitoring events. Ensure draft findings are reviewed by the relevant business areas and that resultant findings are logged and actions tracked to completion.
- Risk Control: Support the team to act as main point of contact for the business on all risk requirements/initiatives. Includes the oversight of business area compilation/ maintenance of function based Risk Control Self Assessments and co-ordination of the review of other regulatory/risk assessment documents e.g. data classification log, Remote Working Risk Assessments.
- Operational Risk: Assist in the oversight of all Operational Risk Events raised by the business, ensuring that any remedial actions are tracked to completion.
- Procedure Control. Assist the oversight of the document inventory held on the Newton Policies and Procedures SharePoint Site. Support all Newton business areas to ensure that documents are presented in the Newton standard format and reviewed in accordance with the BNYM Policy on Governance of Policy and Procedures. Produce MI for the Newton Risk Board.
- Records Management. Support the Newton Records Management Programme, liaising with the BNYM Records Management office and supporting all Newton business areas to comply with the BNYM European Records Retention Schedule. Assist with the control of the Newton hardcopy client filing records including: security of live files held on-site, archiving and destruction processes and Legal Hold requirements. Includes the compilation and maintenance of the Newton Records Retention Log.
- Office Access Control: Assist in the oversight of access rights to Newton office areas. Includes: authorisation of staff passes; authorisation of access by adhoc non-Newton personnel; control of access to Newton restricted areas and review of out of hours office access.
- RFP Co-ordination: Assist with the co-ordination of all RFP/Due Diligence related questions sent to the business. Liaise with business managers to agree responses. Ensure responses use standard and appropriate wording and that a library of responses is maintained.
- Management Information and Compliance KRI reporting: Support the provision of MI reporting for the business. Collate responses for delivery to other business areas and support business managers to produce.
- Assist in the oversight of any Business Control related task that is being performed by a Provider (Outsource Provider, Service Provider or Shared Services group). This includes ensuring that the task can revert to the Business Management team during business continuity events or tests.
- Represent the Business Control function in meetings (internal and external) when required and demonstrate effective relationships with other Newton and BNYM areas.
- Ensure all Management Information and Compliance reporting (and adhoc reporting to any other business area) for the Business Control function is completed e.g., monthly management sign-off packs, team statistics and trend analysis. Provide input into audit and control processes (internal and external auditors of Newton) on behalf of the team.
- Provide support to the Business Control Manager and other Business Management functions as required.
- Brand: Demonstrate the behaviours that power the BNY Mellon brand: Help clients succeed; Connect the dots; and Deliver excellence
- Inclusion: Demonstrate support for BNY Mellon’s efforts to promote diversity and create an inclusive and respectful workplace environment, advancing diversity in the management ranks of the company through hiring processes, and/or the development of diverse talent.
- Managing Risk: Adhere fully to the company's Risk Culture Principles (as provided in Company Policy No. I-G-010 Risk Management Framework available on MySource), as they apply to the job responsibilities.
- Compliance & Ethics: Adhere fully to the statutes, regulations, company policies and ethical standards applicable to the job responsibilities by acting with integrity at all times.
- RESULTS: Takes Action, Demonstrates Accountability, Executes
- PEOPLE: Collaborates, Open to Feedback, Communicates Effectively
- THOUGHT: Demonstrates Business Awareness, Client Focus, Solves Problems
- SELF: Courage, Shows Resilience, Shows Self-Awareness
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
As one of the world's leading investment management organizations and one of the top U.S. wealth managers, BNY Mellon Investment Management combines agility, insight and scale to create and deliver strategies and solutions to address our clients' needs. Encompassing BNY Mellon's investment management firms, wealth management organization and global distribution teams, we draw on deep expertise to collaborate with clients and tailor our best ideas and resources to meet their specific needs. We pride ourselves on providing dedicated service through our network of global professionals who have a deep understanding of local requirements. With our extensive experience in anticipating and responding to the investment and financial needs of the world's governments, pension plan sponsors, corporations, foundations, endowments, advisors, intermediaries, individuals and families, and family offices, BNY Mellon Investment Management is dedicated to helping clients reach their goals.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Management
Internal Jobcode: 51629
Requisition Number: 1801123
Tags: EFC:EMEA: 1-A, 33-D, 1-J