BNY Mellon Careers
Please enter a valid email.
Unfortunately, our network is not responding. Please try again later.
Your job alert was successfully created.
Senior Principal, Regulatory Oversight Management - Alternative Investments
With the increasing emphasis on compliance with regulation affecting the AIS Business, this role resides in the EMEA AS and AIS Business Risk and Regulatory Control team and manages the first line of defense regulatory oversight management efforts as they relate to complex regulatory and policy requirements, program and project development.
• Front office lead person for all regulatory matters pertaining to the AIS front office activities, including ownership of the framework for regulatory control including evidencing compliance, supporting the senior manager and certified staff in meeting their obligations and working to continuously enhance the control environment;
• Analyses existing legislation, regulatory announcements and industry practices relevant to the first line of defence compliance requirements;
• Assists business unit managers in response to reports issued by regulatory agencies or audit;
• Helps businesses develop and implement procedures to meet complex compliance requirements;
• Senior Management AIS representative in relation to front office regulatory matters relating to all EMEA legal entities utilised by AIS;
• Senior management SME within AIS for all front office regulatory matters for AIS in EMEA representing AIS on relevant regulatory steering committees and regulatory control groups representing AIS ;
• Lead all front office regulatory projects derived from EMEA regulation but with global impact on behalf of (i.e. PSP II, MFID II, GDPR etc.);
• Lead all front office legal entity projects for AIS globally including:
- Merger of TCIL into the SA/NV – Dublin Branch,
- Closure of Head Office – Brussels Branch,
- Closure of SA/NV – London Branch;
• Provide guidance and training to entry-level employees;
• Manages periodic review of compliance procedures and provides sign-off or advice to the senior manager in relation to regulatory attestations;
• Supervision of regulatory oversight analysts.
The incumbent will be required to partner and influence senior management, both within AIS and other lines of businesses to ensure ongoing compliance, as well as legal, risk and compliance at all levels on any regulatory matter with presence and credibility.
• Thorough knowledge of financial services rules and regulations (or demonstrate the ability to learn new regulations as needed).
• Solid understanding of compliance risk management and best practices.
• Excellent problem solving, analytical ability, oral and written communication skills.
• Possesses the ability to handle stressful situations with internal clients and regulators, while maintaining a professional approach to problem solving.
• Ability to effectively deal with senior management and regulators.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
BNY Mellon's Asset Servicing business is dedicated to dynamically supporting our clients' investments and safeguarding their assets, keeping them working around the clock and across the world. It's part of our commitment to being a true partner for our clients' investment success. We specialize in operational solutions and capabilities for today's market-enhancing management and administration of investments with services that process, monitor and measure investment data from around the world. By leveraging BNY Mellon's global footprint and deep expertise, we deliver insight-driven solutions for every phase of investing.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: United Kingdom-Greater London-London
Job: Asset Servicing
Internal Jobcode: 70399
Requisition Number: 1801129